The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 07, 2003, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Hey, let's be careful out there. Here's why:

During boys' varsity game Tuesday night, my partner calls a Player Control foul after A1 levels the defender. His mechanics were really strong. He does college so he used the college mechanic, punching the signal that we're going the other way. I thought to myself that he should make Sportscenter looking like that.

At the next timeout, he walked over to me and said "Barry, do I have a red mark on my head?". Sure enough, he did. When he punched his directional signal, he accidentally punched his whistle which swung up on a pendulum and smacked him in his forehead where he had the nicest whistle imprint you'll ever see.

I told him that's what he gets for using college mechanics in a high school game. We laughed and finished the game. I think he survived.
Old Fri Feb 07, 2003, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW

You can put an eye out like that!
Old Fri Feb 07, 2003, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

I worked with a guy this year that punched PC, his front front slipped, went down to one knee, punched the player who fouled in the groinal area, he fell down, and the ref burnt a big floor burn hole in the knee of his pants.
This was V Boys HS.
Everyone laughed so hard (except for the player)
Old Fri Feb 07, 2003, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Now THAT hurts.

Looks like we need to call this thread to:

"WARNING: SELLING PC fouls can be hazardous to your health"
Old Fri Feb 07, 2003, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by oatmealqueen
I worked with a guy this year that punched PC, his front front slipped, went down to one knee, punched the player who fouled in the groinal area, he fell down, and the ref burnt a big floor burn hole in the knee of his pants.
This was V Boys HS.
Everyone laughed so hard (except for the player)
Meant to say "front foot".
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 11:08am
9 times

I had a similar whistle incident. I was tossing the ball to start the game and one of the jumpers hit my whistle which smacked into my forehead--cutting it open. I was unaware that it cut me until I felt something running down my forehead. I thought I hadn't run enough to have this much sweat as I wiped it away and saw on my hand. I stopped the game and went to the trainer for a band aid--she pulled out a big gauze pad and tape. I took the gauze and used a little pressure to stop the bleeding. Never had seen anything like that.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CYO Butch
Quote:
Originally posted by stripes
I had a similar whistle incident. I was tossing the ball to start the game and one of the jumpers hit my whistle which smacked into my forehead--cutting it open. I was unaware that it cut me until I felt something running down my forehead. I thought I hadn't run enough to have this much sweat as I wiped it away and saw on my hand. I stopped the game and went to the trainer for a band aid--she pulled out a big gauze pad and tape. I took the gauze and used a little pressure to stop the bleeding. Never had seen anything like that.
Did you have to burn a time-out to stay in the game?
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 11:45am
9 times

Quote:
Originally posted by CYO Butch
Quote:
Originally posted by stripes
Did you have to burn a time-out to stay in the game?
Didn't have the option because it was before the rule change. Had to sit.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019