The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 31, 2003, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

Cool

I nearly lost my composure last night during the 8th grade girls game I wrote about in another post. File this one under, Stupid Fan Behavior (SFB).

Visitor's fans have been horrendous the entire night. My P even told them to watch their behavior or he would have them removed. (I won't go into all of the reasons why he shouldn't have done that, but we discussed "options" at half time...)

End of game, visitor girl has shot blocked under her basket and in front of the visitor "cheering" section. P and I both had clear view of the play, and it was a clean block. The fellow in the stands stands up and starts yelling gibberish. Seriously, no intelligable words. He starts waving his arms in a windmill fashion and swinging one of his legs arounds while balancing on the other. It reminded me of one of these small churches where people get so fired up they start doing weird, spastic dances.

I was in front of the visitor's bench, and I was fine until the visitor's assistant coach cracked up... Then I just had to hang my head and try not to shake while I laughed. It still brings a smile, and just thought I'd share.