Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 30, 2003, 10:19pm
In Memoriam

Re: My signal is crystal clear. . .

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
and I ensure the ref sees it. I just get surprised when refs nod intelligently only to follow up with a question that indicates the opposite
The reason we ask again is that this is a courtesy offered to really good coaches. It is so they get to have a little more time for being so understanding.
Old Fri Jan 31, 2003, 01:35am
Official Forum Member

one thing that works for me is once i call the TO, then i precede to the calling teams bench and ask what they want. if i get no response the first time, i let them konw right then and there its a full, and they will say somethign quickly if its not what they wanted. i then go to the other teams bench and let them know what it is, then report to the table , and start the clock, and wait patiently at the table for the horn. this whole process takes alittle over 5 secs in all.
Old Fri Jan 31, 2003, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Hawks Coach,

A couple of coaches in our league designate one of their assistant coaches as their "time-out assistant." Once the head coach calls a T.O., the assistant stands there signaling which type (30 or full) until we have reported. Now there is a fail-proof technique and I cannot tell you how much we refs appreciate that! I highly recommend it.

Z
Me too.
Old Fri Jan 31, 2003, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Mick I know firsthand from your partners U.P. there that that is a fact.
I haven't had any problems with this lately. It is a good idea to pre game this with the coaches. One note on the wrong throw-ins after the time-outs. I have a brief conversation with my partner stating exactly what we will have coming out of the time out. By verbalizing it we both have it "cemented" in our feeble brains and one of us is bound to get it right.
Old Fri Jan 31, 2003, 11:30am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe
Mick I know firsthand from your partners U.P. there that that is a fact.
I haven't had any problems with this lately. It is a good idea to pre game this with the coaches. One note on the wrong throw-ins after the time-outs. I have a brief conversation with my partner stating exactly what we will have coming out of the time out. By verbalizing it we both have it "cemented" in our feeble brains and one of us is bound to get it right.
What are we talking about here, BigJoe?