LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 28, 2003, 08:12am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin green
What?

Did I miss something?
Trail has the 5 second count when lead has the ball in his primary??? I can see that now ball is outside the arc on lead's side closely guarded and the trail is making a 5 second count....

If trail is counting who is watching off ball? like right in the middle of the paint when the ball is out wide.

The ball is on myside of the paint and the guy is dribbling around. near the baseline. I am watching for pushes, hits on the arms, blocking, etc but not closely guarded? Naw dont think so... I am the one watching the ball and not the low post players at that point.

I am not going to ever try and explain to a coach that I had the five second count in front of my partner as trail. particularly when they have big guys in there. I dont have that much stock in ATT, QWEST, and MCI

There is not anything in the rules or officials manual that backs this up.
If you are lead and they are in your primary (the key) you would have a three second count first. If you are outside of the paint, you are in dual area and the trail would take the count and as lead you would be watching for the illegal screens coming from the paint on the defender of the ball, and watching that defender.

My two sense!