The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 17, 2003, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Last night I was the lead on a three-man crew when the ball was administered by the trail for throw-in in FC near the division line. On the throw-in play, the teams were pressing and the trail called a back court violation. I was watching the picks in my area so I did not have a clear view of the exact play, but I suspected the Trail (15 year veteran) blew the call.

After the game I asked my partner what the exact play was. On the in bounds pass, A1 jumped from FC, caught the ball, and landed in BC. He called the violation. I pointed out as carefully as I could that he blew the call. The other partner ref sided with the vet. But thanks to this board, I was able to flip to rule 9-9-2, exception 1 (with the note) and help him to revise his interpretation of that particular rule. He was appreciative and we all had a good laugh about the mistake - it won't happen again to him.

Again, thanks to all who contribute to this forum and provide in and the structure for us to discuss the rules.
Old Fri Jan 17, 2003, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

Good one, ref. I rarely work with guys who "study" the rules. This board has also helped me tremendously with my rules knowledge, my rules interpretations, and yes, my presence. ;-)
Old Fri Jan 17, 2003, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Some of us have a larger presence than others

6'3" 260 (Ding) (For the Dan Patick listeners )