The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 30, 2002, 07:51pm
Official Forum Member

Going through the best shoe debate again this year. What does everyone recommend? How are the patent leather Converse? What Nikes are NBDL officials wearing? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old Mon Dec 30, 2002, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

FWIW - After 4 weeks of using the NB608Bs I had to ditch them because they were killing my feet/arches. I was able to find a pair of Reebox DMX shoes online and used them for 2 games before the break. Wonderful shoes with their own built-in air cushion innersole. Felt like I could run all day.
Old Mon Dec 30, 2002, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

SHOES!!!

You guys wear shoes?

Seriously, I have WIDE feet and have found the Reebok DMX fits comfortably, as well.
Old Mon Dec 30, 2002, 09:47pm
Official Forum Member

The Converse Run n Ref shoes (2 different pairs) were killing my feet for several years when I bought a pair of New Balance shoes. My feet haven't hurt since. I have wide feet also. Two friends have done the same and they like them as well as I do.
Old Mon Dec 30, 2002, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Wink Wider

Funny how things get wider as we get older...
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 02:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
At least consider the possibility that no shoes are perfect alone, and any shoes need to be personalized. I'm having far fewer problems since I went to a podiatrist who specializes in sprinters. He has given me some inserts that he constructed -- not quite custom orthotics, but very, very good. He's also offering to "re-shape" my shoes, although I haven't quite given in to that yet. I'll think about it in February, though, when my schedule has room to breathe, and I can afford to be a little experiemental. If anyone feels like coming to Portland sometime, I'll give you a referral. This guy is fabulous!
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 07:51am
Official Forum Member

Reebok DMX--there the best.
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 08:19am
Get away from me, Steve.

And Run N Refs have always worked for me.

Six years ago when the Converse outlet where I lived had a major sale, I bought about six pairs. I brought out the last pair this season.

Rich
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

Which DMX ???

Which Reebok DMX model are you guys talking about? I see several different ones online... Velocity Low, Answer ???
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

More on shoes

I've been thinking of getting a pair of ref shoes to wear in the office -- where do you guys get them? Any sporting goods store? Particular stores? I just don't recall seeing them anywhere and with my feet can't imagine ordering them on line.
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 10:20am
In Memoriam

Re: More on shoes

Quote:
Originally posted by hawkk
I've been thinking of getting a pair of ref shoes to wear in the office -- where do you guys get them? Any sporting goods store? Particular stores? I just don't recall seeing them anywhere and with my feet can't imagine ordering them on line.
Honigs.
Try 'em on
Return 'em.
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

I wear both the New Balance shoes as well as the patent run and ref converse. The new balance shoes are very comfortable for me but I have wider feet.

As far as the Con's go they look really sharp!! THe shine up almost blindingly w/ pledge and when all 2/3 officals have them on I think they look really professional. We have got comments from a couple of college coaches on hopw sharp they look. THe only problem is they don't breath real well. I wear extra socks and always air them out. Our association purchased our pair from http://www.theofficialschoiceinc.com. We dealt w/ paul. I had a pair blow out earlier in the season and they were returned no questions asked. The people I know that have them really like them... JMO
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

This may sound weird, but if you have issues with shoes breathing, try wool socks. I had a shoe salesman try to convince me wool was more comfortable than cotton for sports; I thought he was nuts, but tried it. And now I always wear wool socks as the under sock when I play -- the wool wicks away the sweat and keeps the feet dry.
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 02:25pm
9 times

I wear Addidas Superstar SS2G. Most comfortable shoe I have worn. I usually can order them all black, but occasionally I get black w/white stripes and have the stripes dyed by a cobbler for about $10. Not the popular choice, but lots of players play in them and I wouldn't trade mine for anything else.

The best thing to do is find a shoe that work for you and continue to use it. Someone talked about orthodics (sp?). I wear custom made (about $400) and they are great. I highly recommend them. They are pricey, but they do cost less than ongoing foot problems or foot surgery (have had both and it sucks!) Take care of those feet!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Which DMX ???

Quote:
Originally posted by cmckenna
Which Reebok DMX model are you guys talking about? I see several different ones online... Velocity Low, Answer ???
They go under walking shoes. Got my last pair at Honig's and before that at Kohl's department store.