The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Kobe Bryant fined $100K (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/67107-kobe-bryant-fined-100k.html)

BktBallRef Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:17pm

Kobe Bryant fined $100K

Kobe Bryant Calls Referee Bennie Adams 'F--king F--got' (VIDEO)

Raymond Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:38pm

He should have received a 2nd one for tossing the towel across the floor. :D

Mark Padgett Wed Apr 13, 2011 05:39pm

I guess Kobe will have to gather up all the change on his dresser. :rolleyes:

Jfpdi Wed Apr 13, 2011 09:38pm

The AP story had this line near the end of the article.

"Bryant was called for an additional technical foul that was rescinded Monday." Huh????????

Can we do that?

I guess the NBA has real Monday Morning Quarterbacks.

APG Wed Apr 13, 2011 09:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jfpdi (Post 750155)
The AP story had this line near the end of the article.

"Bryant was called for an additional technical foul that was rescinded Monday." Huh????????

Can we do that?

I guess the NBA has real Monday Morning Quarterbacks.

The league reviews all technical fouls as it relates to fines and total towards suspension. They do this since 16 technical fouls during the regular season or 7 technical fouls during the playoffs mandate a one game suspension. The technical foul they mentioned in the article was rescinded the next morning.

GoodwillRef Thu Apr 14, 2011 05:23am

I read Kobe's apology...not written by Kobe...then I heard him on a radio talk show not really caring at all. He said he was wrong but he was going to appeal the fine...he mentioned the Union appeals all fines and suspensions. Kobe is just plain and simple a "bad" person who is a gifted athlete. From the first day he was drafted out of high school when he told the Hornets he wouldn't play for them I have never liked him...NEVER! Kobe makes $271,000 a game...so what it $100,000 to Kobe?

Jurassic Referee Thu Apr 14, 2011 06:00am

Unless something has changed, all NBA disciplinary player fines are tax deductible. Charles Barkley was famous for pointing that out when he used to get nailed. The only real discipline imo would be if a player gets suspended for a meaningful number of games. Obviously that ain't ever gonna happen in the NBA to the Kobes of the league.

Imagine what would have happened if the official had said that to Bryant? Hell, he might be out looking up Big Jake to see if he can get hired in college D1.

mbyron Thu Apr 14, 2011 07:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 750249)
Imagine what would have happened if the official had said that to Bryant? Hell, he might be out looking up Big Jake to see if he can get hired in college D1.

Bad, bad... well, you know.

BktBallRef Thu Apr 14, 2011 06:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 750160)
The league reviews all technical fouls as it relates to fines and total towards suspension. They do this since 16 technical fouls during the regular season or 7 technical fouls during the playoffs mandate a one game suspension. The technical foul they mentioned in the article was rescinded the next morning.

Just to clarify, the T that was rescinded occurred over the weekend. It was not the T he was called for in the video.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 750237)
I read Kobe's apology...

What apology? I haven't seen one. All I've read is:

"What I said last night should not be taken literally. My actions were out of frustration during the heat of the game, period. The words expressed do NOT reflect my feelings towards the gay and lesbian communities and were NOT meant to offend anyone.”

There's no apology in that statement.

refiator Fri Apr 15, 2011 09:21pm

Two things wrong with this country ....Rap music and the NBA.

APG Fri Apr 15, 2011 09:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by refiator (Post 750773)

I guess there's something wrong with me because I'm a fan of both rap music and the NBA. :rolleyes:

Welpe Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 750774)
I guess there's something wrong with me because I'm a fan of both rap music and the NBA. :rolleyes:

QED....

I keed I Keed :D

JRutledge Sat Apr 16, 2011 01:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 750774)

There must be a lot wrong with the country because both are some of the most popular things in this country. Go figure. ;)

Peace

BillyMac Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:30am

Not Many Of Us Left ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 750796)
There must be a lot wrong with the country because both are some of the most popular things in this country. Go figure.

NBA's TV ratings up across all national networks - ESPN

I guess that I'm in the minority. I am not a big NBA fan, nor can I wrap my arms around rap.

I was a big NBA fan back when I was a young man. Loved watching the Celtics on Sunday afternoons on ABC. Bill Russell was, and still is, one of my favorite athletes. Loved watching the Knicks on local television (WOR-TV Channel 9). Look up teamwork in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of a Knicks team from the late 60's or early 70's. I still have fond memories of Willis Reed limping onto the court to help beat the Lakers in game seven. I somehow lost my love of NBA basketball. It was slightly revived during the Larry Bird/Earvin Johnson era, but that didn't last very long. I'll occasionally watch a Celtic game, when there's absolutely nothing else on television, but that will only be for a few minutes.

I have never liked rap (although I will sometimes enjoy the background songs that some rap artists sample). It might have something to do with the fact that I have never, ever, appreciated poetry. It also might have something to do with some of the themes (anti-women, anti-police), and the use of profanity, that seems to be very common in many rap songs. I do like some of the more "tame" stuff that Eminem, or Jay-Z, might perform on Letterman (love it when Dave calls him Marshall) but that's about as far as it goes for me.

Raymond Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by refiator (Post 750773)

Guess you better get out of Atlanta then. :rolleyes: