The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 19, 2002, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Just got back from a boys 8th grade game. The game went great and I couldn't help think how great it feels to be on the same wavelength as your partner. We had a great game (if I don't say so myself). I'm in my fifth year and I'm now starting to feel confident. I can remember feeling just the opposite not too many years ago. My partner today was also a fifth year guy. Unfortunately, he showed up in the middle of the 1st quarter due to heavy traffic. That may have contributed to my good feeling (4 eyes are much better than 2). I could tell right away (as soon as he jumped in) that we were going to have a good game. His mecahnics were excellent, we made good eye contact and we called a game based on advantage/disadvantage, passing on the minor BS. I cant' wait to get back on the court! Oh, what a feeling!
Old Thu Dec 19, 2002, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

i remember that feeling!

hello,
12 years ago i started refereeing to make extra money for college and i will never forget that veteran official i worked with 8 years ago that gave me the confidence too be in the position i am today, hard work and excellent mechanics and book knowledge will take you anywhere you wanna go in refereeing.
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Tim Harris