The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 18, 2002, 10:17am
Official Forum Member

JV game last night: Team B's shot rebounds long and is heading out of bounds near the table. B1 saves the ball by tipping it into the back court, but never actually controlled the ball. B1 is then the first to recover the ball in the back court. I had a no call. The coach of Team A wanted either a self pass or a back court violation. Is there a call on this play?

thanks again
GTW
Old Wed Dec 18, 2002, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Nope, no team control after the shot, so no backcourt call. And B1 never had player control, so he can bat it and then recover it as well. Good job. Never listen to any coach -- unless he reads and/or posts on this board.

Chuck
Old Wed Dec 18, 2002, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

No control by B1 in the FC, then you have a good "no call."
Old Wed Dec 18, 2002, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

Good no call!
Old Wed Dec 18, 2002, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Tell the coach that you would have called the "self pass" but you forgot what the mechanic looked like
Old Wed Dec 18, 2002, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Barry Morris --

I'm curious about your signature line:

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

I see the irony in the statement, but I'm wondering why it's your sig, and what it refers to.

The irony reminds me of something I heard someone say, (I refuse to say who, but no one on this board knows this person) "I used to have a problem with denial, but I don't worry about it anymore."
Old Wed Dec 18, 2002, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

Juulie,

I'll be completely honest and tell you that I stole that sig line from someone on another forum that I lurk on.

I just started using that today. Don't try to diagnose me with any psychosis from it. I just think the irony is terribly funny. It kind of reminds me of work on some days.

I intend to change my signature line every day or so just to say something different and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm not above stealing my quotes from others. I've been perusing Roget's Thesaurus of Quotations to add to my repertoire. Of course, I'll attribute the author, when known.
Old Wed Dec 18, 2002, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

Barry

Speaking of quotes... I had one on the hoops court that brought a good chuckle from everyone....

I had just been "burnt" to the hoop by an opponent. Out of frustration with my distinct physical disadvantage, (I am built like lineman and the opponent was quick as Vick)I sighed and stated,"Dang it! You know, I am not as quick as I never was."