The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 05, 2002, 10:51pm
Livin' The Dream

Thumbs down

A couple of nights ago I was officiating a JV/V Girls doubleheader that started at 6:30. The JV game went smoothly and we were done by 7:30. So I am thinking we might have a relatively early night if the V game goes as well. Between games I went back to the officials room while my partner stayed on the floor. I had tweaked something in my calf muscle and was putting some Cramergesic on it. As I came back I noticed my partner talking to the AD. A few seconds later he comes over to me and tells me that the south basket had "slipped" down an inch. Come to find out that the Varsity boys team had finished practiced and had dunked on it and pulled the whole backboard down an inch from the support it was on. The AD knew about it and said he didn't think he could do anything about it before the start of the JV game, and was going to fix it in the morning. The Visiting team coach had gotten wind of it from his JV players, they had said they had noticed it wasn't right, (yeah, right)and mentioned it to my partner. So, we met with both coaches and gave them the option of playing or delaying the game until it was fixed. The home team coach didn't care but the visiting team wanted it fixed. So while they were fixing it, the home team was still warming up on the "good basket." The visiting coach asks "should they be warming up when we can't" We told him that we would put 15 minutes on the clock and both teams would have the opportunity to properly warm up. He seemed satisfied. So, 50 minutes later the basket gets fixed and the game gets started.
Needless to say it wasn't an early night.
The AD should have informed us of the problem when we arrived, and should have delayed the JV game.
Old Fri Dec 06, 2002, 01:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by tw1ns
The AD should have informed us of the problem when we arrived, and should have delayed the JV game.
And he should prohibit dunking!! Or at least, the goofing off dunking that probably caused the problem...