The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Has anyone had any problems with +POS supplier? I made an order and received some and some went back-order. After a few weeks I called on my back-order and was told that it would be shipped the next day. Now, two weeks later I called again and was told that one of the items was in stock and the other was not and would not be in for a few weeks. I asked to have the one item shipped and they said they would not ship it until the other BO item came in. I told them that I would like the one item shipped and wait for the other, but they said they would not ship it. I told them that I had already paid for these items but the owner did not care and became rude on the phone and hung-up. I will never buy from them again and hopefully if anyone is thinking of buying any supplies they look elsewhere.
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

re: +POS

Wow Red. I sure hate to hear that. I ordered some sneakers and that CMG whistle (which I'm not so sure I like) from them last month and the service was great. I made the purchase by check over the phone and got my stuff within a few days. I have mentioned their website a few times to colleagues when asked about supplies. I don't get why they just won't send you the stuff they have in stock and the BO item later. Are you allowed to cancel your order and do a do-over for what they do have? Let me know, because I guess I'll be thinking twice about purchasing from them.
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

It's too bad that you have had a negative experience. I have had good luck over the years with products, and customer service, and returns. If you have already paid for unshipped items, it must have been by check. If you used a credit card, the items would not be charged to your card until they actually ship. This is one of the reasons I like using credit cards (among others). Good luck, I hope you get this straightened out.
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

We hear this all the time on this board.

Buyer beware, this is why I try to only deal with local companies I can actually drive to.
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

I received one of their mailings last Oct. They must have bought the mailing list from the state association. They had good deals on their "Pre-Season" sale so I called them for some replacement items (shirt, pants, whistle). When I called them, they said they were sold out for the season on the shirts (I wanted there Interawear v-necks for $19).
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 03:28pm
Official Forum Member

Interawear shirts

Has anyone purchased the striped interawear shirts and if so, how do they hold up after washing? I personally like the Majestic poly shirts as they have a small metal clip to attach the laynard. Can't find them too many places. I don't like the CK shirts, too tight around my neck and the poly/cotton ones pill up real bad after just a few washings.

Mregor
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 03:43pm
Official Forum Member

I ordered equipment from them this year and was told the entire order was back ordered. 4 days later the entire order arrived.

In my mind that's pretty good customer service.
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

I ordered shoes, a shirt, pants, and shoe shine from them a couple weeks ago. Had all my stuff in three days. They've always been great to work w/ for me.

Z
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

They are fine until they aren't, if you know what I mean. I had done business with them on several occasions, until I had a problem. I got a run around for over a month, it's been sent, are you sure you paid, couldn't find my credit card slip, including Mrs. Sylvia Parsons herself acting like a total you know what to me on the phone. Not only do I not do business with them, I will tell every person I can that they are bad news.

Just as an edit I went back and copied my original post of my complaint, It had been a year, I couldn't remember exactly the details and timeline...

My last experience ruined all the good will I had towards them. I placed an order on 12/19 for a pair of knickers that were 50% off, a couple of flags, and a cotton/poly blend shirt. I got a call on or about 1/4 saying my credit card information was not going through, so I gave them another credit card number (I had a card in my billfold from a couple of years ago that I had never used, must have cancelled it due to inactivity). They did in fact, charge my credit card on 1/4. I called them at least three times after that beginning on 1/22, wondering where the heck my order was. Each and every time, getting someone who was going to look for the paperwork and call me back in about half an hour. At this time, I didn't know they had already charged my card, each time I asked they said they couldn't tell and would find that out also. Today, I look at my credit card bill and sure enough, there it is. I call again and speak to Sylvia Parsons (don't know for sure but assume she must be part of the ownership and/or management because of the last name). She gave me the same run around, telling me what "may have happened", "could have been the computer problems we've been having", blah, blah, blah. She tries to suggest that it may show up on my doorstep at any second, but they can't ship another order until they find the paperwork. I say fine, cancel it, and credit my card. She says she will do just that as soon as she finds the paperwork and this may take a couple of days. My ***, I've been waiting for them to "find the paperwork" for two weeks, how long if at all would it take them to credit my card. So, I ultimately called the credit card company and disputed the charge.

[Edited by devdog69 on Nov 25th, 2002 at 03:48 PM]
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Angry Someone was probably having a bad day

Personally, I have had good rapport with them. Quick delivery. accomodating for returns. reasonable prices. occasionally some really good prices.

However, every transaction is dependent upon someone completing the appropriate paperwork/computerwork.... and as you know some days this person does a great job, other days they don't do so great.... and we may be tolerant (do our own great job) or perhaps we become intolerant .... and (not being able to "T" them) the situation explodes.

Sorry it ended out that way. I'll hope for better rapport on your next transaction... with the next vendor.

PS. and yes, I have had good luck with the interawear shirts - minimal shrinkage, no pilling, good color retention....
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

I have an order that I placed in October that is still pending. They called me the day after I placed to order to tell me that 1 of the items (Intera Shirt) is on backorder. They said it would be in on Nov. 20th. My card got charged on th 19th but for an amount $13 less than I expected. I don't know whether they gave me a discount for having to wait or shipped a partial order. I'm assuming that something is on the way. I'll know in a day or two, I hope.

Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

In my single experience with POS, I found their service to be O.K. An order I placed over the phone was received in just a little over one week. The problem I have with them (and the reason I won't deal with them again) is that one of the items I had ordered was incorrect and then it took over two months for them to credit my credit card account.
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 06:25pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Re: Interawear shirts

Quote:
Originally posted by Mregor
Has anyone purchased the striped interawear shirts and if so, how do they hold up after washing? I personally like the Majestic poly shirts as they have a small metal clip to attach the laynard. Can't find them too many places.
Mregor
I have one interawear shirt and I like it pretty well. Charlie's Team Sports in Lake Oswego OR carries the Majestic poly with the metal clip in stock. Personally, I don't like the all poly, I much prefer the micro-mesh.
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 10:53pm
Official Forum Member

Unfortunately, they have bad days quite often. As Brian said, we hear this kind of thing about +POS all the time. Ms. Parsons is probably the rudest business owner I have ever dealt with. There biggest issues seem to arise from backordered merchandise and return items. I no longer do business with them.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

RE:BRABOA
Are you allowed to cancel your order and do a do-over for what they do have? Let me know, because I guess I'll be thinking twice about purchasing from them.

My credit card was charged even though the items went back-ordered. Ms. Parsons told me that she would not pay shipping on two items and that I would have to wait until the other BO item came-in. I told her since she had already billed my credit card she should mail the item on hand. She became rude and told me she would mail the one item and cancel the other and credit my credit card (then hung-up on me). Now after reading some of the replies it sounds like I'm going to have a headache getting them to credit my credit card account.