The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 09, 2000, 11:56pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Smile

Our association had its annual dinner tonight and I won the Mr. T award for the third year in a row. That means it's now named after me! My prizes were a pair of ear plugs and a hook for my hand.

I'm so humbled by this outpouring of affection from my fellow zebras. I just hope I don't get jock itch while wearing the hook.
Old Mon Apr 10, 2000, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Mark -

I'm sure they all deserved those T's you handed out. What was your most memorable? We had a JV game for my son's team and one of his teammates was hit with 3 successive T's. Guess he didnt think the ref would hit him with a third after being ejected (he said something about how nice a ref he thought he was as he was leaving the gymn). I know the ref and believe me when I say this kid deserved everyone of them.

Keep em smiling, Mark.

Jack
Old Mon Apr 10, 2000, 05:07pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

quote:
Originally posted by jackgil:
Mark -

I'm sure they all deserved those T's you handed out. What was your most memorable?
Jack

Of course they ALWAYS deserve them. My most memorable this season actually came in a rec league game - high school varsity boys level. Here's what happened:

This league has a rule that if a team gets three technicals for the game, they forfeit. During warmups, A1 dunked the ball. I T him and explain to both coaches that we will start the game with team B shooting two and getting the ball. B1 makes both and we go to inbound at the division line. A1 is guarding B1, who is trying to inbound. B1 throws the ball in and A1 bats it back. It hits the floor OOB, then bounces up and hits B1, who is also OOB. My partner goes to give the ball back to B1, since A1 caused it to go OOB. A1 screams that it hit B1 OOB and that he should get the ball. My partner calmly explains that it hit the floor OOB first after A1 batted it, so it's B's ball. A1 screams at my partner and yells a profanity. My partner T's him. That's two and they both happen to be against A1, so he's gone.

Immediately, Coach A starts running across the floor at my partner, yelling at him for "throwing A1 out of the game." I T him before he gets more than three steps onto the floor. That's three and the game is over. I look up at the clock and it shows 7:58 (just the time it took for the inbound play). The entire game lasted two seconds!

We packed up and went home. As we were leaving the gym, I thanked my partner for a job well done.

Old Tue Apr 11, 2000, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Mark -

I just don't understand why some players dunk before the game.They know its a T. And cursing at a ref -- they should know that's a no no. And coach should have known better. He must have thought it was the NBA in the 60's when Alex Hannum was "on the court, Alex Hannum is on the court.." as Johnny Most the Celtics announcer would repeat over and over again in his raspy voice, going berserk. Miss those days.
Old Tue Apr 11, 2000, 03:23pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

quote:
Mark -

And coach should have known better.

You can't expect a rec league coach to have brains. If he did, he'd be a ref.
Old Wed Apr 12, 2000, 12:25am
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

Rehuel -

Doghead is right. Go to that site and select PUBLICATIONS. You can order books online.

RULES BOOK 1999-2000 $ 5.00
CASE BOOK 1999-2000 $ 5.00
SIMPLIFIED AND ILLUSTRATED 1999-2000 $ 5.00
OFFICIALS MANUAL 1999-2001 $ 5.00

Case Book cites example situations for ewach rule/subrule. Simplified and Illustrated is good for remembering rules -- refs call it the picture book or cartoons- shows plays by picture.

Officials manual details responsibliites of officiating crew.

Jack
Jack
Old Wed Apr 12, 2000, 01:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rehuel
Talking

That's a good one!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work Mr. T

Here in Suriname they hate us!!

A local player was hitting opponents with his elbows while rebounding. I called the flagrant foul. He walked up to me, handing me the ball, I pointed to the floor, telling him to just put it down. He pressed the ball to my chest with force. I sent him off. His coach came all the way to the officials table to yell at me. I sent him off too. He took his whole team and left the game. The next morning I was called the most arrogant ref in Paramaribo. (Note: The coach is also a reporter for the sport edition of local paper!!)
Old Wed Apr 12, 2000, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Reheul -

Welcome to our website! All the way from Suriname! I looked up your country and found a fascinating history -- some very turbulent times. For those that dont know Suriname is near French Guyana -- Atlantic to north and BRAZIL to south. They love the game all over the world!!!!!

I think you will find this site quite rewarding for honing your refing skills. I do! and again WELCOME.
Old Wed Apr 12, 2000, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Cool

quote:
Reheul -

Welcome to our website! All the way from Suriname! I looked up your country and found a fascinating history -- some very turbulent times. For those that dont know Suriname is near French Guyana -- Atlantic to north and BRAZIL to south. They love the game all over the world!!!!!

I think you will find this site quite rewarding for honing your refing skills. I do! and again WELCOME.

Thanx Jackgil,
Yes We love the game all over the world!! And yes I'm Enjoying this site. I spent 4 and a half hour of my sleeping time on this site!!!!!!
Old Wed Apr 12, 2000, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Rehuel -

Me too!!!! Right now things have slowed down a little since season is over for many refs. This place is really hopping from Nov - March. Check out older threads. Some fascinating discussion with different points of view all backed up by the rules (although interpretations may vary).

Jack
Old Wed Apr 12, 2000, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

Question

jackgill

is there somewhere on the net where I can see the NF rules??
Old Wed Apr 12, 2000, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Rehuel:

Welcome! You may want to try:
www.nfhs.org
I'm not sure if they have the rules "on-line" but it's a good place to start. Good-luck!
Old Wed Apr 12, 2000, 10:46pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Thanx a lot Guys