The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

Is it just me

Or does it seems like every season goes by faster than the previous seasons?

3 games in 3 nights for me & then its all about "getting that email." I've recently upgraded my phone, so at least I wont have to sit by the desktop this year.

I'd be happy to work 2 of the next 3 weeks, because I smell *sniff-sniff* wreck ball in the air
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 11:24am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post

3 games in 3 nights for me & then its all about "getting that email." I've recently upgraded my phone, so at least I wont have to sit by the desktop this year.

I'd be happy to work 2 of the next 3 weeks, because I smell *sniff-sniff* wreck ball in the air
Agreed...my season is done, and has been for 9 days. Lasted a bit longer this year, but it still flew by. No wrecks for me, though. AAU, etc. will start in 6 weeks or so.
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to reffish
Well, it's not just you, but it is relative. For example, a child alive for one year versus a person alive for 20 years. For the child, the one year is 100% of its life. For the 20 year old, one year is actually only 5% of its life. Compare the 20 year old to a 40 year old, the 40 year old's one year is 2.5% of its life. As time goes on for each, time starts to "speed up" compared to the time already spent. What was a long time for a child becomes a short time as an adult. So, yes, time speeds up as we get older......
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post

Yes, the season has been flying by faster than normal. I won't be getting any emails as I live on an island and teams travel to here by jet or ferry boat. I was scheduled to reff the 5-6 tournament in early March (volunteer, still kind of fun), but that tournament is at the same time I'll be out of town for our HS tournament.
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 12:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Mine seems like it has dragged this year. Not sure why. Maybe because of other activities in my life, but it seems like it took some time. I still have this weekend and another full week to go of the regular season and then the playoffs the following week. And if past years are the measuring stick, I have at least two weeks of playoff games to work.

Peace
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffish View Post
Well, it's not just you, but it is relative. For example, a child alive for one year versus a person alive for 20 years. For the child, the one year is 100% of its life. For the 20 year old, one year is actually only 5% of its life. Compare the 20 year old to a 40 year old, the 40 year old's one year is 2.5% of its life. As time goes on for each, time starts to "speed up" compared to the time already spent. What was a long time for a child becomes a short time as an adult. So, yes, time speeds up as we get older......
thanks a ton for the downer, Euclid.
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 01:14pm
Courageous When Prudent

Public schools started their district play-offs this week. Next week will be regionals and then March 4th-5th State quarterfinals for the 5 different divisions take place at 6 different super sites. Then all the state semi's and finals (boys & girls) take place from March 8th-12th at the Seigel Center (VCU) in Richmond.

Our private schools start their conference play-offs next week and I believe the state tournaments conclude around March 5th.

AAU around here starts within the next month. I'll have "diva" availability for those games.

And I've already paid for my first camp in May.
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 05:39pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Nope, Not Just You......

This season did seem to fly by for me too. This was my first season of doing a straight V schedule so I had far less games and days to do. Maybe that's part of it.

I do have about four more weeks of Wreck Ball, which takes me into mid-March. Then we have a Spring Boys Varsity Season which starts in mid-April that our Association uses for three-man training. Ball is pretty good. Then Summer Ball is followed by the Fall Girls Varsity Season and then HELLO Regular Season again.

I figure I'll get about 100 games in this yr and maybe have two-three weeks between seasons to re-charge my batteries.
Old Thu Feb 17, 2011, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffish View Post
Got any scientific studies to back up that, rubbish,...I mean, reffish?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:17am
Official Forum Member

I just turned 49...or was it 35? Jeez.