The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   injury ? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/62203-injury.html)

Loudwhistle2 Fri Feb 11, 2011 05:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 729065)
I don't care if it's an assistant coach, trainer, bus driver, or EMT; if anyone comes onto the floor to tend to the player, the coach has thus been beckoned.

And if anyone comes on to the floor and takes the opportunity to try to deal with the officials, then I'll consider a T.

The answer to your question, though, is yes, there is at least one on this board who would consider a T.

Where the heck is that guy? I don't mean "That Guy" (although with what you're implying he might qualify in this situation as "That Guy"

APG Fri Feb 11, 2011 05:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bainsey (Post 729061)
I don't see anything in the OP about the coach coming on the floor (unless he's one of the dozen or so), but he'd definitely be "beckoned" under the circumstances.

Are these people coming from the stands? Anyone considering a whack? What level are we talking about here?

Any trainer, assistant coach, etc that comes onto the court to tend to a player means by extension that I've beckoned the coach and he's sent someone qualified to look at the player.

And if you considered whacking a parent or someone from the stands helping an injured player, then you'd be in the minority...and when I mean minority, I mean only one person on this board that would do that...and I do mean that literally. Doesn't matter what level....college, high school, middle school, 6th grade elite, competitive 4th graders, you get my point, don't do that. I'd venture to say if someone tried to pull that mess, your assignor would not be a huge fan of yours.

Now if a coach or trainer uses this injury time to b*tch and moan, I'd give a very stern warning to look after the player. If they don't heed that advice, WHACK!

grunewar Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by loners4me (Post 728792)
A1 fouled on a layup . His coach his mom and half a dozen random people come onto the floor to tend to him as he goes down screaming. Does anybody have the casebook play whether A1 shoots the throws. Whether a substitute can shoot them. Can A1 re enter the game at a later point if he doesnt shoot?

Quote:

I don't see anything in the OP about the coach coming on the floor (unless he's one of the dozen or so), but he'd definitely be "beckoned" under the circumstances.

Are these people coming from the stands? Anyone considering a whack? What level are we talking about here?

You don't?

bainsey Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 729138)
You don't?

That's what happens when you read a passage quickly.

In college, when someone gets hurt, I typically see the trainer first, and then a head coach. In high school, the head coach of course, and maybe one or two others. In middle school, always the head coach. (I don't see trainers too often at that level.)

In any game I've worked, I've never seen a parent come out to the floor to tend to their hurt kid. Maybe they leave that to the coach (which they should), or maybe they've been told it's a T if they hit the floor. It happens so seldom for me to have an opinion about it.

Jurassic Referee Sat Feb 12, 2011 06:50am

Quote:

Whack a "mom" for coming out of the stands if her kid is injured? Whack someone for trying to help a screaming, injured player? At any level?

Lah me.....NevadaRef lives!

BillyMac Sat Feb 12, 2011 07:45am

Hope He's Alright ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 729185)
NevadaRef lives!

You sure? Last post was a month ago. Last activity was a few days ago. Has he become a "lurker"?

Nevadaref Sat Feb 12, 2011 09:19am

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 729065)
The answer to your question, though, is yes, there is at least one on this board who would consider a T.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 (Post 729076)
Where the heck is that guy? I don't mean "That Guy" (although with what you're implying he might qualify in this situation as "That Guy"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 729185)
Lah me.....NevadaRef lives!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 729198)
You sure? Last post was a month ago. Last activity was a few days ago. Has he become a "lurker"?

Nice to be missed guys. ;)

I'm alive and well. Plenty of whacking to do out here as postseason approaches.

mbyron Sat Feb 12, 2011 09:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 729212)
I'm alive and well. Plenty of whacking to do out here as postseason approaches.

Glad you're back, though I must say I'm not really interested in your personal life. :p