The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   New one for "That Guy" (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/62091-new-one-guy.html)

Adam Thu Feb 10, 2011 06:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffpea (Post 728779)
Diebler couldn't guard Jimmer in a phone booth!

blasphemer

APG Thu Feb 10, 2011 06:59pm

Quote:

That is unadulterated blasphemy! :p

JRutledge Thu Feb 10, 2011 07:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffpea (Post 728776)
not to rain on anyone's parade...but there are actually two people that are perfect: Jesus and....the Jimmer....Jimmer Fredette – National Player of the Year – JimmerPOY.com

I say three. John Smith included. ;)

Peace

26 Year Gap Thu Feb 10, 2011 09:30pm

Quote:

You must be new.

jeffpea Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 728800)
You must be new.

You are clearly old and antiquated...The Jimmer is "the way, the truth, and the life"...

Deibler is an over romanticized creation of this earth (averages only 11.2ppg?)...The Jimmer is clearly a higher being who has a scoring average that knows no earthly bounds (27.5ppg).

Ask yourself this..."would you rather spend time with a Buckeye? or a Cougar?...

Scrapper1 Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 728782)
That is unadulterated blasphemy! :p

Imagine if it was "adulterated blasphemy". You'd be sinning twice at the same time!!!

26 Year Gap Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffpea (Post 728885)
You are clearly old and antiquated...The Jimmer is "the way, the truth, and the life"...

Deibler is an over romanticized creation of this earth (averages only 11.2ppg?)...The Jimmer is clearly a higher being who has a scoring average that knows no earthly bounds (27.5ppg).

Ask yourself this..."would you rather spend time with a Buckeye? or a Cougar?...

I would rather spend time with my wife. Just sayin'.

mbyron Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 728886)
Imagine if it was "adulterated blasphemy". You'd be sinning twice at the same time!!!

Naw, it would just be short. Takes one to know one? :D

jeffpea Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 728891)
I would rather spend time with my wife. Just sayin'.

The Jimmer will forgive you for you know not what you are sayin...

bisonpitcher Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesMoines (Post 728127)
Last night's captains meeting, our R's last line: We're probably not going to be perfect out there. Only one man was perfect and they hung him on the cross. Now let's go play and have fun.

My tongue had bite marks through halftime.

I don't see a problem with this. How is this offensive??

GoodwillRef Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesMoines (Post 728127)
Last night's captains meeting, our R's last line: We're probably not going to be perfect out there. Only one man was perfect and they hung him on the cross. Now let's go play and have fun.

My tongue had bite marks through halftime.

What a Dope!

Adam Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisonpitcher (Post 728909)
I don't see a problem with this. How is this offensive??

I don't find it offensive, just over the top for a captain's pregame. Others may find the official's "witness" to be offensive; I would agree it's likely inappropriate in a setting like this.

I agree with the expressed sentiment, but not here.

bisonpitcher Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 728923)
I don't find it offensive, just over the top for a captain's pregame. Others may find the official's "witness" to be offensive; I would agree it's likely inappropriate in a setting like this.

I agree with the expressed sentiment, but not here.

I'm not planning on adding it to my pregame either; but here in the bible belt, I think very few, if any, would bat an eye at this comment.

Adam Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisonpitcher (Post 728929)
I'm not planning on adding it to my pregame either; but here in the bible belt, I think very few, if any, would bat an eye at this comment.

All it takes is one, but that's not really the point of thread. The reference to "that guy" is similar to my signature line. I might even add the line to the sig.

Adam Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02pm

Although I might try the line on my wife the next time I screw up. Probably tonight.