The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NFHS vs. NCAA (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/60944-nfhs-vs-ncaa.html)

chseagle Fri Jan 21, 2011 09:31pm

NFHS vs. NCAA

How easy is it to transition from NFHS Rules to NCAA Rules?

justacoach Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 720205)

Are your superior table official talents finally being recognized and getting you a promotion?
Are you contemplating a relo to SoCal?

Inquiring minds demand to know

chseagle Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:55pm

I am looking at possibly assisting for the local Community College Basketball Championships & they use NCAA rules.

Just waiting for a response.

Am also thinking of possibly seeing about assisting next year at the local Community College in table operations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 720218)
Are your superior table official talents finally being recognized and getting you a promotion?

Adam Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:03pm

I can't imagine the rules are that different from the perspective of table operations.

chseagle Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:08pm

Number of periods, length of periods, TOs (length/number of)....

Last minute of 2nd half/OT, clock stops after made baskets, restarted when ball is touched inbounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 720227)
I can't imagine the rules are that different from the perspective of table operations.

CHSLadyEagle Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 720218)

Only if I can be guaranteed a job at a certain Animation studio that my cousin works at. Nothing against SoCal, but I'd rather live in a different state or move back to one of 2 other states where I once lived while I was single. Better yet, I'd want to be working the boards at the HS I once lived near that was used for the High School Musical movies (It's not in NM like the movies).

Adam Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHSLadyEagle (Post 720235)
Only if I can be guaranteed a job at a certain Animation studio that my cousin works at. Nothing against SoCal, but I'd rather live in a different state or move back to one of 2 other states where I once lived while I was single. Better yet, I'd want to be working the boards at the HS I once lived near that was used for the High School Musical movies (It's not in NM like the movies).

Salt Lake City?

CHSLadyEagle Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:15pm

Yep! :D

refiator Sat Jan 22, 2011 02:00am

You just have to remember what rules and mechanics apply in the game you are working,
It is difficult to juggle between nfhs and ncaa. You really have to stay focused.

i

BktBallRef Sat Jan 22, 2011 02:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 720205)

Easy? It's impossible. It's NEVER been done before.

mbyron Sat Jan 22, 2011 07:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 720278)
Easy? It's impossible. It's NEVER been done before.

Careful, irony doesn't fly in the aerie. :)

constable Sat Jan 22, 2011 07:18am

I don't find it difficult to transition between different rule sets as an official so I can't imagine it's difficult as a timer.

Butterfly182310 Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:04am

Working a fair number of games a both levels keeps you sharp at both levels. Working primarily at one level and only occasionally at the other is more difficult to keep the nuances separated.

JRutledge Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by constable (Post 720312)
I don't find it difficult to transition between different rule sets as an official so I can't imagine it's difficult as a timer.

It is not difficult at all. Their are very little difference at the Men's side level and not much to change or have to worry about.

Peace

eyezen Sat Jan 22, 2011 01:14pm

In regards to the timer position the only thing of any consequence is stopping the clock under a minute in the second half after a made basket.