The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

clockgirl gets clocked

Boys Fr game with under a minute to play in a well-contested game. Team A bringing ball from bc to fc. A1 passes ball up sideline tableside toward A2 when B1 gets a fingertip on it just enough to redirect it into the student clockgirl's forehead. I was cross-court going to new lead and got a real good look at blonde hair going everywhere as she completely bails out of the chair. Clock is still running as people on the table scramble to her aid. Partner had a good look at the clock as the ball went out, so we were able to correct that factor. Said clockgirl hops up smiling and embarrassed, ready to continue. I gave her a stern warning to stop the clock next time before she leaves the chair. Its good to be the R.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 11:15am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Good job reprimanding her. If people can't do the job, they shouldn't be there. She should get docked part of her pay for that game.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Clocks should come with a "dead-man's switch" so they automatically stop if the operator gets knocked off the chair.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 12:57pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Clocks should come with a "dead-man's switch" so they automatically stop if the operator gets knocked off the chair.
Are you endorsing the blue font?

And stop giving the head table official (who's in the chain of command, of course) on this forum ideas. He'll be emailing the WIAA with this idea before lunchtime and forcing them to double their first aid kit's supply of digoxin.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 01:00pm
I miss being on the floor

Who knew operating the clock was such a life-threatening gig??
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 01:01pm
I miss being on the floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post

And stop giving the head table official (who's in the chain of command, of course) on this forum ideas. He'll be emailing the WIAA with this idea before lunchtime and forcing them to double their first aid kit's supply of digoxin.
Post of the day. No blue font necessary here.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 01:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePutt View Post
Boys Fr game with under a minute to play in a well-contested game. Team A bringing ball from bc to fc. A1 passes ball up sideline tableside toward A2 when B1 gets a fingertip on it just enough to redirect it into the student clockgirl's forehead. I was cross-court going to new lead and got a real good look at blonde hair going everywhere as she completely bails out of the chair. Clock is still running as people on the table scramble to her aid. Partner had a good look at the clock as the ball went out, so we were able to correct that factor. Said clockgirl hops up smiling and embarrassed, ready to continue. I gave her a stern warning to stop the clock next time before she leaves the chair. Its good to be the R.
Serves her right for not having fast enough reflexes & for not paying as close of attention as she should have been.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I never stated where I was on the chain of command, for all anyone knows I'm the last man on the totem pole.

Anywho I keep my own supply of pain medications with me so no need.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

We should make this play a standard part of every sub-varsity game. It would, at least, force student timekeepers to keep one eye on the game while they text.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
We should make this play a standard part of every sub-varsity game. It would, at least, force student timekeepers to keep one eye on the game while they text.
I nominate this for post of the day.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 01:43pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
I nominate this for post of the day.
Sorry, only officials can make such nominations. If someone with standing wishes to do so, feel free.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Friday night, my partner was administering an endline throw-in. Hands the ball to the thrower and backs out to start his count. Thrower releases a bounce pass toward the corner. Quick thinking defender sticks his foot out and kicks the ball. you guessed it! Nails my partner on the bridge of the nose, right between the eyes.

It was all I could do not to die laughing at him.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Sorry, only officials can make such nominations. If someone with standing wishes to do so, feel free.
....aw don't be such a hard a$$ Rich...my man chseagle is part of the CREW...therfore he is OFFICIAL enough for me...I second your motion eagle boy. That text comment was pretty good.
Richland, WA
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 03:03pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Friday night, my partner was administering an endline throw-in. Hands the ball to the thrower and backs out to start his count. Thrower releases a bounce pass toward the corner. Quick thinking defender sticks his foot out and kicks the ball. you guessed it! Nails my partner on the bridge of the nose, right between the eyes.

It was all I could do not to die laughing at him.
It's even funnier when he gets one in the nuts.
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 03:54pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Good job reprimanding her. If people can't do the job, they shouldn't be there. She should get docked part of her pay for that game.
Hey - give her a break. She might need the job. Maybe she's the same blonde who got fired from her job in quality control at the M&M factory for throwing out all the W's.