The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Reebok Breezy Patent Leather Referee Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/59547-reebok-breezy-patent-leather-referee-shoes.html)

SmokeEater Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26am

Shox were actually my preferred shoe before I purchased the patent leather shoe. I prefer them actually for comfort and fit.

I am interested in where you found them because all leather Black shox is difficult here in Canada.

Multiple Sports Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:29am

NB 888's

It seems that in my neck of the woods everybody is buying the NB 888's.

Going to give them a try.

The rumor mill says they are a bit heavy, but I only hear great things

regarding support if you have any issues with your feet.

JRutledge Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 698410)

They are a little heavy. I like the shoe, but not as well as other shoes that are lighter. Other than that I would wear my pair more.

Peace

centkyref Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeEater (Post 698409)
Shox were actually my preferred shoe before I purchased the patent leather shoe. I prefer them actually for comfort and fit.

I am interested in where you found them because all leather Black shox is difficult here in Canada.

Found them in the local mall. Price was about $100 or so (US;)

Appreciate the input

GoodwillRef Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larks (Post 698323)
http://www.mbt-footwears.com/images/...-ZigPulse1.jpg

All black of course

Too crazy looking...maybe.

Comfortable: check

Will get made fun of in the locker room: check

You can get those in all black if you want.

GoodwillRef Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:14pm

2009 or 2010 Nike Air Max

dahoopref Wed Oct 27, 2010 01:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 698408)
I almost exclusively use a running shoe, because the vast majority of what we do is running forward at a fast level during certain times. And it is common amongst many officials to use a running shoe to officiate. I do not even know many people that use a "court shoe" to officiate basketball considering that we often do not need that kind of support while officiating.

Just be mindful that "running shoes" usually have a carbon based outsole. Carbon outsoles can cause black streak marks on the courts.

Most court shoes and cross trainers are made with non-marking rubber outsoles, like the Nike AirMax 2009.

JRutledge Wed Oct 27, 2010 01:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahoopref (Post 698435)
Just be mindful that "running shoes" usually have a carbon based outsole. Carbon outsoles can cause black streak marks on the courts.

Most court shoes and cross trainers are made with non-marking rubber outsoles, like the Nike AirMax 2009.

That is likely true. That is the case with one of my Reebok shoes I bought a couple of years ago. But nothing bad but the Air Max I own this does not apply (2008 or 2009 I am not sure which ones they are). I have not noticed anything major on most surfaces. And I just bought two pair of the Air Max Leather 2009 and they do not seem to have the same style of sole as the Reebok I currently owned previously.

Peace

Scrapper1 Wed Oct 27, 2010 04:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 698410)
It seems that in my neck of the woods everybody is buying the NB 888's.

Going to give them a try.

I just used mine for the first time last weekend. They are a bit heavy, but overall, I liked them. They fit my fat feet (unlike Nike products).

mbyron Wed Oct 27, 2010 05:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 698472)
They fit my fat feet (unlike Nike products).

That's exactly my issue with all non-NB shoes. Here's a recent photo of my feet:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2186/...aab3e68b50.jpg

hawkeyegb Wed Oct 27, 2010 08:30pm

Also...

I went to a college game last year and all three refs were wearing Air Max 2009 all leather black. That was the first time I thought about changing from NB.

Jurassic Referee Thu Oct 28, 2010 07:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeyegb (Post 698506)
I went to a college game last year and all three refs were wearing Air Max 2009 all leather black. That was the first time I thought about changing from NB.

You'd really change shoes solely because 3 college guys were wearing a certain brand?

JRutledge Thu Oct 28, 2010 08:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 698564)
You'd really change shoes solely because 3 college guys were wearing a certain brand?

Not trying to be funny, what is wrong with that? Don't people make decisions based on what others are using?

Peace

Jurassic Referee Thu Oct 28, 2010 09:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 698589)
Not trying to be funny, what is wrong with that? Don't people make decisions based on what others are using?

I'd make a decision on shoes using fit, comfort, etc. I really don't give a damn what other people wear. I wear what I feel is best for me.

But that's just me....obviously.

rsox34 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:34am

Reebok Breezy Shoes

I currently wear these patent leather referee shoes. The Breezy's are OK. I needed to insert thicker soles inside the shoes--I inserted some Dr. Sholls soles into them. I find the shoes to be too narrow.

I really wish Reebok did not discontinue production of its previous patent leather shoe--The Ref. I usually only wear Reebok products, but something is just not right about the Breezy's for me.