The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Reebok Breezy Patent Leather Referee Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/59547-reebok-breezy-patent-leather-referee-shoes.html)

blindofficial Tue Oct 26, 2010 02:56pm

Reebok Breezy Patent Leather Referee Shoes

Looking at buying a new pair. Looking at the Reebok Breezy Patent Leather Shoes.

Anyone bought these? Thoughts? Suggestions of other shoes?

JRutledge Tue Oct 26, 2010 03:27pm

I do not like the look at all. But that is me.

Peace

Kingsman1288 Tue Oct 26, 2010 04:58pm

Friend of mine bought a pair and he complained that if you have a wider foot the shoes caused blisters. To each his own though, only you can decide what works for you.

hawkeyegb Tue Oct 26, 2010 05:11pm

Nike Air Max

I posted something about shoes a couple of weeks back and got a great response. What I ended up buying for the upcoming season was Air Max 2009...all leather black. I paid wayyyy more then what I wanted to...$150, but they are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn on or off the court and well worth the extra money. Have done 4 games in them and love them. Good luck to you!

tbarney Tue Oct 26, 2010 08:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsman1288 (Post 698185)
Friend of mine bought a pair and he complained that if you have a wider foot the shoes caused blisters. To each his own though, only you can decide what works for you.

I personally bought the shoes and have done some scrimmages with them already this year. I would say that while they aren't the most "cushiony" pair of shoes that I have ever owned, I think that they are very good when you consider that they are used for officiating games.

That being said, I would say that you might need to put some kind of insole into the shoe because I got a blister my first time using them because they are a very roomy shoe. You might want to order a half-size smaller because they do tend to run a little big.

As far as looks are concerned, I also agree that they don't look as much like traditional ref shoes as some would like, but I think they do a fantastic job supporting your foot, and nobody is really looking at the referee's feet to begin with anyway.

Hope this helped!!!

BktBallRef Tue Oct 26, 2010 09:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindofficial (Post 698147)
Looking at buying a new pair. Looking at the Reebok Breezy Patent Leather Shoes.

Tired them last year, sent them back. Didn't like the fit, didn't like the look.

BTW, the folks at Ump-Attire.com are excellent!

Larks Wed Oct 27, 2010 06:41am

Im going Re-Zig

http://www.mbt-footwears.com/images/...-ZigPulse1.jpg

All black of course

Too crazy looking...maybe.

Comfortable: check

Will get made fun of in the locker room: check

Jurassic Referee Wed Oct 27, 2010 06:58am

Tired of your old ones already?

http://www.clownshoes.net/clownshoes.gif

Larks Wed Oct 27, 2010 07:00am

JR - thats the wrong model - the ones I have are match the uni

Jurassic Referee Wed Oct 27, 2010 07:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larks (Post 698329)
JR , the ones I have are match the uni

Man, you Cinci guys are talk funny.

JRutledge Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larks (Post 698323)
http://www.mbt-footwears.com/images/...-ZigPulse1.jpg

All black of course

Too crazy looking...maybe.

Comfortable: check

Will get made fun of in the locker room: check

Where did you get them in all black? I saw you say this before and I was looking for them. I cannot find an all black and it does not look like they have an all leather version.

Peace

SmokeEater Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindofficial (Post 698147)

I bought these last year and will concur if you have a wider foot these fit narrow. Also they have no cushion at all I had to replace the insole after discovering that these were the cause of my Plantar Fascia inflamation. Now that I have that under control I can continue to break in these shoes.

The patent leather is very hard to break in but they look very nice on the court.

JRutledge Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeEater (Post 698371)
The patent leather is very hard to break in but they look very nice on the court.

I think this is the way they make the shoes, not necessarily the patent leather. The Converse All-Stars were the best shoe ever until that company went under and was bought out by another company. Those shoes were solid but very light. I wish they would make them again I would buy them.

Peace

centkyref Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:48am

Hate to keep on this because I know there are already dozens of shoe threads (but I'm going to anyway;)) I found a pair of Nike Shox all leather that look good and aren't $150-165 like the Air Max. Anybody here ever used these to referee? My only concern is that Shox are primarily a running shoe, and not a court shoe. I have visions of falling off of those shox when I try turn a corner:o

JRutledge Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by centkyref (Post 698393)
Hate to keep on this because I know there are already dozens of shoe threads (but I'm going to anyway;)) I found a pair of Nike Shox all leather that look good and aren't $150-165 like the Air Max. Anybody here ever used these to referee? My only concern is that Shox are primarily a running shoe, and not a court shoe. I have visions of falling off of those shox when I try turn a corner:o

I almost exclusively use a running shoe, because the vast majority of what we do is running forward at a fast level during certain times. And it is common amongst many officials to use a running shoe to officiate. I do not even know many people that use a "court shoe" to officiate basketball considering that we often do not need that kind of support while officiating.

I cannot speak for the Nike Shox as I have heard people have problems with that style. I use the Nike Air Max (I have a couple of different styles in the running shoe) and that works for me. At the end of the day you have to find a shoe that works for you and you are personally OK with. We all do not have the same body style or the same foot issues. I do know many people that use the Shox and they love them.

Peace