The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 28, 2000, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

Question

If anybody has information on how to start an officials association please direct me to the source that provides the reference material. Or is it best to earn the position of leadership by being appointed in an allready existing association? The reason for the need to run my own is because the existing associations in the area leave alot to be desired.
Old Tue Mar 28, 2000, 04:30pm
Official Forum Member

You may need to check with the state. I know that some, if not most, have guidelines on how to become or remain an "official" assoc.
Old Tue Mar 28, 2000, 07:40pm
Official Forum Member

RonJay42, didn't you say that you were stationed in Korea?
The last time I looked there was an IAABO chapter in two or three locations in Korea? I learned IAABO officials and attended many camps given by Frosty Francis. He was a great clinician and taught you to officiate by the book. He stressed absolute rules knowledge, solid mechanics, and a realistic approach to interpreting the rules. The things I learned have always allowed me to go to a new location and immediately start working the highest level of basketball because of my solid background in those three areas.
Bottom line is to work with those already in the area and through the association try to make it better.