The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jul 02, 2010, 12:42am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
ABA Tryouts

Got an invite to an ABA Officials tryout camp. Was wondering if anyone had ever attended one of these and what to expect. I'll be at the one in Lewisville, TX outside Dallas since I am relocating to Victoria, TX. Apperantly all the games in TX will be in SA, Houston and Beaumont. 3 hours one way is the longest for me, so not to bad, save for a late game on a work night. I'll survive though should I be lucky enough to get hired.
Old Fri Jul 02, 2010, 07:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by w_sohl View Post
Got an invite to an ABA Officials tryout camp. Was wondering if anyone had ever attended one of these and what to expect. I'll be at the one in Lewisville, TX outside Dallas since I am relocating to Victoria, TX. Apperantly all the games in TX will be in SA, Houston and Beaumont. 3 hours one way is the longest for me, so not to bad, save for a late game on a work night. I'll survive though should I be lucky enough to get hired.
Good luck with that. I have some friends who work in it and they have some CRAZY rules. If you're working at the IAD Center in Lewisville, come dressed to work and bring water.
Old Fri Jul 02, 2010, 11:09am
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

You're going to an American Bar Association camp? Does this have anything to do with Tim Donaghy?
Old Fri Jul 02, 2010, 11:15am
I drank what?

Seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
You're going to an American Bar Association camp? Does this have anything to do with Tim Donaghy?
Mark, you make me laugh, I love reading your stories, but is there ever a thread you don't hijack?
Old Fri Jul 02, 2010, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Kingsman1288
They recently had an ABA tryout camp here in San Diego. I didn't go, but a friend of mine did. He said they have some absolutely crazy rules. The ABA as a league is all about offense, and so their rules apparently heavily favor the offense and relegate defense to an afterthought.

One thing I do remember him saying was that all the evaluators at the camp were very strict about staying with the shooter the entire time, from when he takes off to when he lands. If you even so much as blinked the evaluators were all over you. Not sure if the evaluators will be the same at your camp or not, but thought that might help you out. Have fun!
Old Fri Jul 02, 2010, 09:42pm
I drank what?

I was actually going to attend the San Diego camp, bu t am relocating to TX, so I called the guy and asked about a camp in TX. He sent me the info for the one in Lewisville.

Thanks for the heads up on the shooters. Fortuantely for me that hasn't been a problem for me. At least I don't think it has.