The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 27, 2000, 01:54am
Official Forum Member

Did anybody see the charge called against Tulsa down the stretch? NC center drew the charge and it sure looked like he initiated the bump then put on the academy award. It was a crucial call against Tulsa. Was it a charge or block? Opinions?
Old Mon Mar 27, 2000, 02:32pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by jackgil:
Did anybody see the charge called against Tulsa down the stretch? NC center drew the charge and it sure looked like he initiated the bump then put on the academy award. It was a crucial call against Tulsa. Was it a charge or block? Opinions?

Jack,
It was a great act! Thought I saw the same contact that was occuring throughout the game ,but, in this case, the defender made a great "Sell".
mick

Old Mon Mar 27, 2000, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Let me guess ...

Jackgil - DUKE Fan
Mick - Tulsa Fan....

The Refs did "let them play" most of that game.
Old Mon Mar 27, 2000, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

Dr. C -

Boy, are you way off!!! Sorry. I'm originally from NY and am a Providence alumnus. BIG TIME FRIARS fan. This was a tough year for me to endure. I went to PC when they were ranked 3rd in the country and had that great guard Jimmy Walker. I roomed with "Walk" for 3 years.
Old Mon Mar 27, 2000, 04:10pm
Official Forum Member

Jackgil, I've been a NC fan since one of our H.S. kids went there and was on there last Championship team. He is now an Asst coach there. As for Jimmy Walker, I too went to school with a Jimmy Walker, but he later became JJ (Kid Dynomite!!!) on TV's Good Times.
Seriously, I thought he banged him pretty good, but it could have been a nocall since they were letting them play. If Haywood could only play like a Big 7 Footer, he wouldn't have fallen down in the first place.
Old Mon Mar 27, 2000, 04:37pm
Official Forum Member

Dr. C -

My second favorite team is NC. Always thought they had a great program with a lot of class. My boys went to an NC camp this summer (Brian Adrian) and had their picture taken with Jason Capel. They were thrilled and said he was a cool guy (no ego trip like some Duke players).

Went to school with JJ? Really, or are you pulling my leg? Funny story - my mom told me when I was in school she saw Jimmy on tv -- and he was really FUNNY too!! Wrong Jimmy Walker I said. LMAO.

Jack
Old Mon Mar 27, 2000, 10:34pm
In Memoriam

Talking

quote:
Originally posted by DrC.:
Let me guess ...

Jackgil - DUKE Fan
Mick - Tulsa Fan....

The Refs did "let them play" most of that game.

DrC,
Did I forget to say, "Go Spartans"?
And, yes, Go Heels, too.
mick
Old Mon Mar 27, 2000, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

I thought there also were some questionable calls and no calls in the Michigan State/Iowa State game.
Fizer flopped in one instance and the player turned to make an uncontested basket. On the other end of the courst, Fizer slightly tapped a M St. player and the officials called it Player Control.
With those big bodies it is a tough call.