The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Butler vs Duke - CREW (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57808-butler-vs-duke-crew.html)

LeRoy Mon Apr 05, 2010 06:06pm

Butler vs Duke - CREW

Contrats to the crew.

John Cahill, Tom Eades, Ted Valentine

Mark Padgett Mon Apr 05, 2010 07:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeRoy (Post 672706)
Contrats to the crew.

John Cahill, Tom Eades, Ted Valentine

Darn - I was hoping it would be Karen Valentine.

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/...0Valentine.jpg

26 Year Gap Mon Apr 05, 2010 07:36pm

must be typo...gotta be Jon Diebler...

Mark Padgett Mon Apr 05, 2010 08:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 672717)
must be typo...gotta be Jon Diebler...

No - he's the new head of IAABO.

26 Year Gap Mon Apr 05, 2010 08:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 672719)
No - he's the new head of IAABO.

But, he's not blind!

KCRC Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:00pm

Ted Valentine

Honestly...The fact that Ted Valentine is working the national championship game is very embarrassing for the profession. Even if he gets every judgment call and rules interpretation correct, his attitude and demeanor on the court only serve to validate some of the stereotypes officials are often branded with.

I get the impression that Mr. Valentine honestly believes that the entire nation tuned into the game tonight to watch him!!! Grrrrrr!

JRutledge Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCRC (Post 672727)
Honestly...The fact that Ted Valentine is working the national championship game is very embarrassing for the profession. Even if he gets every judgment call and rules interpretation correct, his attitude and demeanor on the court only serve to validate some of the stereotypes officials are often branded with.

I get the impression that Mr. Valentine honestly believes that the entire nation tuned into the game tonight to watch him!!! Grrrrrr!

Embarrassment? You have got to be kidding me. The fact you even said this is an embarrassment to the profession.

Peace

CLH Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCRC (Post 672727)

I concur...

Rich Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 672729)
Embarrassment? You have got to be kidding me. The fact you even said this is an embarrassment to the profession.

Peace

I always wondered when being assertive and confident became a negative.

Me, I think Valentine is the best there is. There's a reason he's the R in the biggest game of the year.

eyezen Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 672731)

Me, I think Valentine is the best there is. There's a reason he's the R in the biggest game of the year.

Seemed to me he was the only one willing to blow his whistle tonight

JRutledge Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40pm

Quote:

We have had Burr, Higgins and many others that do more of the same that Valentine gets blamed for and Valentine is the embarrassment?

I was wondering the same thing. We are not robots and we are not the same people. If it is not your style, then it is not your style. But Valentine is alright with me and always will be.

Peace

ODJ Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:08pm

Greg Anthony and Stu Mandel ripped on Ted all night via Twitter, and he was the only guy gettin' it done.

ODJ Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:10pm

Quote:

When the person has a dark complexion. (Or a vagina.)

JRutledge Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODJ (Post 672744)
When the person has a dark complexion. (Or a vagina.)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...aughing001.gif

Peace

Rock Chalk Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:29pm

this post is in no way a rip on Mr. Valentine, but did anyone else have trouble hearing his whistle? It sounded much different than the other 2 guys working.

I thought Valentine called an excellent game tonight.