The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Arbiter works on the droid!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57799-arbiter-works-droid.html)

SAK Sun Apr 04, 2010 08:22pm

Arbiter works on the droid!!

Arbiter works on the droid!! It does not work with the default browser however it does work with Opera, a free browser that you can find at the app store on the Droid. I hope that this helps others out there.

grunewar Mon Apr 05, 2010 05:25am

Help others?

What's a Droid?

Is that one of them electronic calender thingies or one of those extras in Star Wars? ;)

BLydic Mon Apr 05, 2010 09:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAK (Post 672533)
Arbiter works on the droid!! It does not work with the default browser however it does work with Opera, a free browser that you can find at the app store on the Droid. I hope that this helps others out there.

Great! Now if I could only get Opera to work. SAK, you running 2.1 update?

Adam Mon Apr 05, 2010 09:47am

Yes, but does it have full functionality?

DLH17 Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 672594)

The $600,000 question.......eagerly awaiting the answer.

Mark Padgett Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLydic (Post 672585)
Great! Now if I could only get Opera to work.

Are you kidding? Oprah is probably the hardest working person in show business.

Oh wait, you said "Opera". Never mind.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAK (Post 672533)

SAK:

It had to be complete serendipity that you started this thread. Mark, Jr. (MTD, Jr.) and his younger brother, Andy, both bought Droids last month. The umpires association to which Junior and I belong use Arbiter and he discovered that he cannot access Arbiter from his Droid. I will give this information to him about using Opera. Thanks for the information.

MTD, Sr.

zm1283 Mon Apr 05, 2010 02:37pm

Opera is the way to go. I have it on my Blackberry and the Arbiter works well on there as well.

Adam Mon Apr 05, 2010 02:38pm

Arbiter works acceptably on my BB, giving me info I need in a pinch. I wouldn't say it works well, though.

DLH17 Mon Apr 05, 2010 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 672666)
Opera is the way to go. I have it on my Blackberry and the Arbiter works well on there as well.

Which BlackBerry model?

SAK Mon Apr 05, 2010 05:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLydic (Post 672585)
Great! Now if I could only get Opera to work. SAK, you running 2.1 update?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 672594)

I am running 2.1. The update hit my phone this am.

When accessing arbiter on the droid using Opera Mini I find that I am able to access everything that I need to access. I have updated my blocks, viewed my schedule and even changed the assignors group. I do find it easier to use the 4 way joystick rather than using the touch screen when using opera as the android OS has yet to incorporate the pinch zoom. Also if you don't log out, arbiter will keep you logged in. I do find that it is easier to allow the droid to remember your user name and password for arbiter and then bookmark the main page that shows up after you sign on as if you are like me and work for more than 3 assigners you will have to sign out and back in to see the assigners as the quick change view only allows you to see the first 3 assignors.

I think that it works well but only time will tell as it is new to me too.

BillyMac Mon Apr 05, 2010 05:53pm

Der Ring Des Nibelungen ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 672611)
Oh wait, you said "Opera".

It's over when the fat lady sings.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ternagrane.jpg

Mark Padgett Mon Apr 05, 2010 06:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 672704)
It's over when the fat lady sings.

You mean Rosie O'Donnell? Oh wait - you said lady.

aschramm Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLH17 (Post 672683)
Which BlackBerry model?

I have the BlackBerry Tour 9630, and last week I used Bolt! Browser to accept two baseball games on Arbiter since I was away from a computer for a while. It was a little clunky but got the job done. I haven't tried to access it since then though.

BLydic Wed Apr 07, 2010 04:37pm

Thanks SAK. Reinstalled Opera last night after getting the 2.1 upgrade. Arbiter appears to be fully functional and using the 4-way mouse on the slide out keyboard was the trick to navigate the site.