The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Arbiter works on the droid!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57799-arbiter-works-droid.html)

SAK Sun Apr 04, 2010 08:22pm

Arbiter works on the droid!!

Arbiter works on the droid!! It does not work with the default browser however it does work with Opera, a free browser that you can find at the app store on the Droid. I hope that this helps others out there.

grunewar Mon Apr 05, 2010 05:25am

Help others?

What's a Droid?

Is that one of them electronic calender thingies or one of those extras in Star Wars? ;)

BLydic Mon Apr 05, 2010 09:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAK (Post 672533)
Arbiter works on the droid!! It does not work with the default browser however it does work with Opera, a free browser that you can find at the app store on the Droid. I hope that this helps others out there.

Great! Now if I could only get Opera to work. SAK, you running 2.1 update?

Adam Mon Apr 05, 2010 09:47am

Yes, but does it have full functionality?

DLH17 Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 672594)

The $600,000 question.......eagerly awaiting the answer.

Mark Padgett Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLydic (Post 672585)
Great! Now if I could only get Opera to work.

Are you kidding? Oprah is probably the hardest working person in show business.

Oh wait, you said "Opera". Never mind.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAK (Post 672533)

SAK:

It had to be complete serendipity that you started this thread. Mark, Jr. (MTD, Jr.) and his younger brother, Andy, both bought Droids last month. The umpires association to which Junior and I belong use Arbiter and he discovered that he cannot access Arbiter from his Droid. I will give this information to him about using Opera. Thanks for the information.

MTD, Sr.

zm1283 Mon Apr 05, 2010 02:37pm

Opera is the way to go. I have it on my Blackberry and the Arbiter works well on there as well.

Adam Mon Apr 05, 2010 02:38pm

Arbiter works acceptably on my BB, giving me info I need in a pinch. I wouldn't say it works well, though.

DLH17 Mon Apr 05, 2010 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 672666)
Opera is the way to go. I have it on my Blackberry and the Arbiter works well on there as well.

Which BlackBerry model?

SAK Mon Apr 05, 2010 05:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLydic (Post 672585)
Great! Now if I could only get Opera to work. SAK, you running 2.1 update?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 672594)

I am running 2.1. The update hit my phone this am.

When accessing arbiter on the droid using Opera Mini I find that I am able to access everything that I need to access. I have updated my blocks, viewed my schedule and even changed the assignors group. I do find it easier to use the 4 way joystick rather than using the touch screen when using opera as the android OS has yet to incorporate the pinch zoom. Also if you don't log out, arbiter will keep you logged in. I do find that it is easier to allow the droid to remember your user name and password for arbiter and then bookmark the main page that shows up after you sign on as if you are like me and work for more than 3 assigners you will have to sign out and back in to see the assigners as the quick change view only allows you to see the first 3 assignors.

I think that it works well but only time will tell as it is new to me too.

BillyMac Mon Apr 05, 2010 05:53pm

Der Ring Des Nibelungen ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 672611)
Oh wait, you said "Opera".

It's over when the fat lady sings.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ternagrane.jpg

Mark Padgett Mon Apr 05, 2010 06:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 672704)
It's over when the fat lady sings.

You mean Rosie O'Donnell? Oh wait - you said lady.

aschramm Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLH17 (Post 672683)
Which BlackBerry model?

I have the BlackBerry Tour 9630, and last week I used Bolt! Browser to accept two baseball games on Arbiter since I was away from a computer for a while. It was a little clunky but got the job done. I haven't tried to access it since then though.

BLydic Wed Apr 07, 2010 04:37pm

Thanks SAK. Reinstalled Opera last night after getting the 2.1 upgrade. Arbiter appears to be fully functional and using the 4-way mouse on the slide out keyboard was the trick to navigate the site.

zm1283 Wed Apr 07, 2010 04:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLH17 (Post 672683)
Which BlackBerry model?

Curve, but I'm pretty sure you can download Opera on any BB.

Adam Wed Apr 07, 2010 04:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 673084)
Curve, but I'm pretty sure you can download Opera on any BB.

I have it on my Storm, but the functionality is weak.

zm1283 Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:05am

Well I got a Droid Incredible a couple of weeks ago to replace my Blackberry, and the difference in the phones is amazing. I now know what you guys were talking about when you said that the Arbiter doesn't work on the Droid browser. Were you guys not able to log in at all? That's the problem I'm having. I guess I'll download Opera for the Arbiter, even though the Droid's browser is good enough for everything else.

Freddy Sun Jul 18, 2010 07:12pm

Ex Opera Operato

Thanks to whomever it was who suggested the Opera browser for a Blackberry. Neither the standard browser, nor the Bolt browser would allow me (BB Curve 8130i) to go beyond the schedule page of Arbiter. And while it's true that it isn't exactly the quickest way to get around the program, at least all the functions of Arbiter seem to work so that I can at least block dates or accept games while away from my laptop.
Not exactly a sacramental offering--I still have to work to get around in the program :D --it's at least a start until Arbiter comes through on its promise to have an "App" available by late summer.

BLydic Thu Nov 11, 2010 05:17pm

This week, a full version (10.1) of the Opera browser was released for the Android market. Although it's still in beta testing (it is a little quirky), it appears to have the functionality needed so that accessing Arbiter is much improved over the earlier, mini version.

BktBallRef Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 685862)
--it's at least a start until Arbiter comes through on its promise to have an "App" available by late summer.

I wonder what summer they were talking about? :(

fullor30 Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:15pm

Arbiter works just peachy on Iphone, and has been a big help a few times.

BktBallRef Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 700699)
Arbiter works just peachy on Iphone, and has been a big help a few times.

Works very well with Opera...sucks on Safari.

Welpe Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 700701)

What issues are you having with Safari? Arbiter seems to work fine for me with it.

zm1283 Fri Nov 12, 2010 02:11pm

I'm not sure if it was the 2.2 Android update or what, but the Arbiter has been working fine on both the Incredible and the Droid X for quite a while now on the stock Android browser. It also works on Opera and the Dolphin HD browser as well.

Adam Fri Nov 12, 2010 02:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 700701)

My experience with arbiter on opera was of the "better than nothing" variety. Very limited functionality and a big pain to work. Maybe it's better on something other than the BB Storm.

representing Fri Nov 12, 2010 02:57pm

I have the Samsung Captivate which I got about two weeks ago when switching my plan to a full data plan with AT&T. I contacted Arbiter Sports and they told me it won't work on many browsers on Android phones, but have noticed a lot of people commenting on using Opera Mini on Android Phones. They are working on a mobile version of their website to allow officials to accept games while away from their computer. I accepted a few games this last week using my computer while I was away from home. Does work decently enough to get the job done. I hope they come out with a mobile version of it soon though. They anticipate it to be done by the end of the year, knock on wood.