The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Help in the Indiana area

I have worked softball for the last 8 years and I was fortunate to be brought up by a group of officials that were well connected and kept handing me up the ladder, landing in the NCAA this year for some minor work. I have been looking, unsuccessfully so far, for a basketball site similar to cactusumpires.com where a lot of basketball information is in one place. I am also looking for some help finding some camps in the area. I did see the thread below this one and it has helped some but I was wondering if anyone from the area has any other suggestions. This coming year will be year 3 of my basketball career, so far working mostly JV high school. Any help will be appreciated!
Once when the Yankee's Lou Pinella was batting he questioned a Palermo strike call. Pinella demanded, "Where was that pitch at?" Palermo told him that a man wearing Yankee pinstripes in front of 30,000 people should not end a sentence with a preposition. So Pinella, no dummy, said, "OK, where was that pitch at, a**hole?"
-George Will
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 02:12pm
Courageous When Prudent

Don't know anything about camps, but tomegun should be along shortly to tell you how lucky you are to officiate basketball in the greatest hoops state in America.

Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 02:17pm
Jerry Blum

Where in Indiana are you? There are a couple of camps in Fort Wayne and one in Hanover that I know of. Other than those camps there isn't much camp wise in central Indiana.
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

I am in the Indianapolis area
Once when the Yankee's Lou Pinella was batting he questioned a Palermo strike call. Pinella demanded, "Where was that pitch at?" Palermo told him that a man wearing Yankee pinstripes in front of 30,000 people should not end a sentence with a preposition. So Pinella, no dummy, said, "OK, where was that pitch at, a**hole?"
-George Will
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 02:55pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojans2545 View Post
I have been looking, unsuccessfully so far, for a basketball site similar to cactusumpires.com where a lot of basketball information is in one place.
If you ever find a website that has a lot of basketball information, let us know.