The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Ooooops!

Check out the third video down on this link (Oak Ridge vs. Cy-Woods) paying particular attention to the last play of the game. We talk about offering information to partners if we are 100% sure they kicked it on OOB plays or Timing plays. There is no way this official could have been 100% sure... Do you see why???? WOW.

February 27 : Game Highlights : High School Sports Live : Houston's 55
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 12:34pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall_Junkie View Post
Check out the third video down on this link (Oak Ridge vs. Cy-Woods) paying particular attention to the last play of the game. We talk about offering information to partners if we are 100% sure they kicked it on OOB plays or Timing plays. There is no way this official could have been 100% sure... Do you see why???? WOW.

Wow. Why would the C opposite (who correctly waved this off) ever allow someone to come in and talk him into this? Hell, the shot was in his primary, as well. Wow.

Edit: I see upon looking at this again that it was a fan behind the C waving and not the C opposite. He seemed to be doing nothing. The T tableside was waving it off. Unless they're using some different mechanic I don't know, the C should've been all over that. Just terrible.

Last edited by Rich; Thu Mar 04, 2010 at 12:37pm.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Rich...Opposite table (in this case it is the C) has the call around these parts just like the mechanics manual says.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 12:42pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

I'm confused, I never saw the C do anything. It looks like the T is waving it off, too.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 12:49pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I'm confused, I never saw the C do anything. It looks like the T is waving it off, too.
Like I said, I mistakenly thought the C was waving it off and it was actually a fan behind him waving. The C did nothing. And he was clearly opposite the table. He didn't count it or wave it off, which tells me he had no awareness of the clock at all.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 12:53pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall_Junkie View Post

Which official? I saw the Trail tableside wave his arms like an NFL official stopping the clock. I saw the C and L do nothing. Video doesn't show who had the information to count the basket but it appears the HC is upset with the Trail.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Obviously the C came in later and convince the T that the shot was good . T should never have given the signal in the first place, however, he was right..
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 01:01pm
M.A.S.H.

At the 1:05 mark, it looks like the L makes some traveling motion. Not sure what he's doing there...

At the end:

C did nothing. Like Snaq, it looks like T is waving it off; however, I assume he is signaling the end of the game - maybe not.

Last edited by tjones1; Thu Mar 04, 2010 at 01:05pm.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 01:02pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Like I said, I mistakenly thought the C was waving it off and it was actually a fan behind him waving. The C did nothing. And he was clearly opposite the table. He didn't count it or wave it off, which tells me he had no awareness of the clock at all.
Sorry, I pulled up your quote, watched the video, then posted my response. I thought I was missing something, so it took me a while to watch the video.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
That's where I am with this too. That coach knew it too...he moved on from the trail to the C almost immediately.

edit: the tape was split. the coach reacted to the trail that made the initial call waving off the shot. id've been p.o.'d too

Last edited by DLH17; Thu Mar 04, 2010 at 01:09pm.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 01:07pm
M.A.S.H.

I have to agree with Rich after watching it again. It certainly looks like C was caught completely off guard with the horn.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 01:13pm
Courageous When Prudent

They called basket interference on the first shot
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
I assume he is signaling the end of the game - maybe not.
What?
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 01:30pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

From what little we can see, it looks like T waves it off, sees C has more information, and they get together. L seems to be the one talking to the losing coach at the end.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
I have to agree with Rich after watching it again. It certainly looks like C was caught completely off guard with the horn.

Agreed...........what's the lead's mechanic after player dunks in middle of clip?