The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 02:48pm
Courageous When Prudent

My interp....the Trail came in calling basket interference....that's who the HC was yelling at when the clip ended.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
My interp....the Trail came in calling basket interference....that's who the HC was yelling at when the clip ended.
At first I thought there was no way this was what happened, but you might be right BNR. Although from the camera's angle it looks like the first defender makes a clean block then the 2nd defender comes in and hits the net/rim. From the T's angle perhaps it looks like he took the ball off the cylinder.

If this is what he called, he REALLY needs to charge in and sell this call. Still looks like the wrong call to me. Anyone else see this being a possibility?
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 04:35pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcof83 View Post
At first I thought there was no way this was what happened, but you might be right BNR. Although from the camera's angle it looks like the first defender makes a clean block then the 2nd defender comes in and hits the net/rim. From the T's angle perhaps it looks like he took the ball off the cylinder.

If this is what he called, he REALLY needs to charge in and sell this call. Still looks like the wrong call to me. Anyone else see this being a possibility?
That would be as bad a call as saying the shot was in time. And I do not think I would be "waving off" on a call that puts points on the board.

I think the call is definitely related to the clock and the C called nothing, the T had it right, and somehow, it ended up getting changed.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 04:40pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcof83 View Post

I just through that out there as a possibility. Until someone from the Houston area (Splute/Welpe???) gives us some insight all of us here are basically guessing in the dark as to what the actual ruling on the court was.

So my theory is just as good as anyone else's.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I just through that out there as a possibility. Until someone from the Houston area (Splute/Welpe???) gives us some insight all of us here are basically guessing in the dark as to what the actual ruling on the court was.

So my theory is just as good as anyone else's.
Here is a story on it, which does not really shed much light on it OR wins at the buzzer > Conroe Courier > Sports Archives > Houston Community Newspapers Online - News Around Town

Maybe the signal we see is a local one for "No Overtime"
Old Thu Mar 04, 2010, 07:43pm
Official Forum Member

In Texas, like everywhere else, the opposite C has the clock. In the video, he was off of the video when the basket was made so I don't know what or if he signaled at the horn.

My guess is that C scored the basket, T made a signal when it wasn't his to make, and C stuck to his guns, made the call his again, and kicked it big time.
Old Fri Mar 05, 2010, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Wow! Good game but I have a question-Why didn't the officials in this game go to the timer for help?

4. If a quarter or extra period ends and:
a. The timer has been unable to make an official hear the signal,
the timer must immediately notify the official.
b. The timing signal fails or is not heard by an official, the timer
must be prepared to advise the referee as to whether the ball
was in flight when time expired, or whether a foul occurred
before or after the period had ended.
c. The timing signal is not heard by the officials, testimony of the
timer may determine whether a score shall count or a foul shall
be charged, unless the referee has information which would
alter the situation

If the table is made up of neutral individuals whose first obligation is the proper administration of a game then they could have helped to see that the proper call was made!
Old Fri Mar 05, 2010, 09:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
If the table is made up of neutral individuals whose first obligation is the proper administration of a game then they could have helped to see that the proper call was made!
The officials heard the horn and made the call. This was not a situation where the signal was not heard and the officials didn't know if the try was in flight when time actually expired.
Old Fri Mar 05, 2010, 09:37pm
In Time Out

I would like to hear the replay without the play by play. Nice site by the way with all the videos.
But yeah the players really reacted like it was good even though it clearly was not. Was the horn not loud enough? Sorry fellow refs but from the OUTSIDE it looks like they messed up.

thanks for that post SCalScoreKeeper. I'll keep that in mind. Another voice would have helped.
check out the next vid. looks like that 23 kid is a div. 1 talent

Last edited by mutantducky; Fri Mar 05, 2010 at 09:39pm.
Old Fri Mar 05, 2010, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
Wow! Good game but I have a question-Why didn't the officials in this game go to the timer for help?

4. If a quarter or extra period ends and:
a. The timer has been unable to make an official hear the signal,
the timer must immediately notify the official.
b. The timing signal fails or is not heard by an official, the timer
must be prepared to advise the referee as to whether the ball
was in flight when time expired, or whether a foul occurred
before or after the period had ended.
c. The timing signal is not heard by the officials, testimony of the
timer may determine whether a score shall count or a foul shall
be charged, unless the referee has information which would
alter the situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post
thanks for that post SCalScoreKeeper. I'll keep that in mind. Another voice would have helped.
No, this is not an instance in which the timer could be consulted. Cobra has it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
The officials heard the horn and made the call. This was not a situation where the signal was not heard and the officials didn't know if the try was in flight when time actually expired.