The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 22, 2000, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

I live in the Dayton, Ohio area. Anyone know of any good DII or DIII college camps?

I have been officiating JV and Varsity high school basketball for six (6) years and would like to "move up" to the next level.
Old Wed Mar 22, 2000, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Does anyone in your association call at this level. If not, I would try and find out the nearest Association that has people calling and find out what camps they had to go to. I'd find it hard to beleive that Dayton doesn't have someone. I know there is enough small colleges in your area since I have run cross country meets at Ceaderville when I was in college. BTW, I get enough letters everyday in my mail to attend camps that have Div II, III and even Div I assignors. I still haven't called a HS Varsity game. You are just not letting your address be out there for these camps to contact you. One camp administrator even called me. So I know it is not that difficult to get noticed.
Old Wed Mar 22, 2000, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

Leggs, If you live in Dayton you might be interested in Eric Harmon's Camp at the University of Cincinnati. Eric is the MAC assignor and also assigns two DIII Confrences in Oh and Ind. I have not yet recieved and of his information for his up coming camp but' when I get it I can forward it to you. Also you should ask at you local Dayton association because Eric uses alot of Dayton officials. I've worked with several. Hope this helps. MattV.
Old Fri Mar 24, 2000, 12:47am
Official Forum Member

Cool

Matt, Thanx-A-$1M. I would really be interested in attending the Camp at UC. I work in Mason, Ohio, which is about 25 minutes from UC. So, this camp would be ideal.
Old Fri Mar 24, 2000, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

There is also the Buckeye Officials camp at OSU. You get a taped and written eval and the ever popular T shirt. Plus it is not super expensive at $225.