Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

Kansas City area on KS side of the line

Varsity 1 game = $70 all 3 person
Varsity 2 game set = $140 all 3 person

Sub varsity $40 - 45? all 2 person

Most games are single game, one conference does double headers.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 08:12pm
Official Forum Member

A survey of hs officiating pay rates is available here . I'll incorporate some of the info in this thread. Keep it coming.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 08:17pm
Official Forum Member

Northeastern OK, 2-man, generally $100 per G/B double-header. No travel $. Some leagues may be slightly less, some more, but generally around $100.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAJ View Post
Ours are agreed upon by the school and officials. We have no assignors in Nebraska, so we have to contact AD's to fill our schedule.

Nearly all schools schedule either JV/V or V/V for contracts. A majority pay a fixed amount irregardless of the number of officials. Typically it's between $280-$360 for the two games. Split that 2 or 3 ways depending on the number of officials you bring.

Some schools list on their contract a fixed amount for 2man and a separate amount for 3man. Not too often though. Usually around $240 for 2man $300-$330 for 3man.
Here is Nebraska's state rate for district and state tournament play:

Championship Officials and Fees
1. Only officials registered with the NSAA will be hired.
2. The following fees have been established for all subdistrict and district championships.
a. Each of the three officials for subdistrict and district championships shall receive $50.00 per game.
b. Mileage shall be paid at a rate of $1.00 per mile one-way for one automobile, per set of officials. If a set of
officials travels from different locations, mileage shall be paid to the official traveling the greater distance.
3. The NSAA office will hire and write contracts for all officials.
4. The director will pay the officials from the championship receipts.

source: http://nsaahome.org/textfile/bask/bbmanual.pdf
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 08:38pm
Official Forum Member

From my area in Missouri:

The typical Soph/Var DH we bring in 5 officials:

The soph game is $46
The varsity game is $65

No mileage.

This varies widely around the state.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 08:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Everything based on two person crews, no travel expenses:

High school varsity: $86.63 each
All subvarsity (junior varsity, freshman, public middle school): $56.18 each
Almost all games are single games. Occasionally we get get assigned a freshman/junior varsity doubleheader.
Automatic annual fee increase equal to average increase in teacher pay in Connecticut.

Catholic middle school league:
Varsity (grade 7, 8; 7:00 periods): $40.00 each (Usually a boys/girls doubleheader)
Junior varsity (grade 5, 6; 6:00 periods): $30.00 each (Usually assigned in groups of two or three games)
Any travel stipend in CT?
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 09:16pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
My Association:

Usually have F/JV doubleheader. Two-person - $45-$55/game.
Varsity is one game. Three-person - $63/game

Unless the game is way out there (only a few are) we don't get travel.

Our games are mostly Tues and Fri nights. So, when the Boys Teams play at home, the Girls Teams are away. Hence why we have no BV/GV double-headers.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to StripesOhio
NW Ohio JV usually $40 or $45

JH 7/8 DH is usually $50 or $55.

Not sure about varsity, I can answer that next season (hopefully).

No mileage reimbursement.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

The South Carolina High School League-

varsity (3-man) pays $63+round trip travel @ $0.45/mi (minimum 10 mi) so a school 10 mi or within =$72 fee. An average check is probably high $80s but could get as high as $117. In SC, crews always work GV-BV double header and can only work twice per week.

Subvarsity (2-man where I am but some areas use 3 on JV) pays $45 plus same travel fees. Middle school is $38 plus travel I think.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 10:18pm
Official Forum Member

Southeast Kansas.

Almost always 2 games in a night, either GV/BV or BJV/GJV.

V is $95-110 3 man depending on conference. The occasional 2 man GV/BV is $115-125.

Sub V is usually 75 for 2 games, 2 officials.

No travel.
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 10:36pm
Official Forum Member

Here in Tennessee, Varsity games are assigned by an association's assignor. Varsity games are all 3 person crew and we usually ref GV and BV same night back to back. For both games each officials get a total of $80 and NO TRAVEL $$.
Many nights I'll travel over an hour to get to my games. I leave work about 4:30 to be available for GV 6:30 tip-off. Then we have a BV starting at 8:00. By the time game is over and travel back home it is about 11:00.

So for $80 (no mileage fee) I spend about 6 1/2 hours of my time and effort and always getting yelled at by coaches and fans for about $12.30 an hour. WOW. I must do it for the love of the game??????? Or am I just crazy????
Old Mon Jan 25, 2010, 07:36am
Esteemed Forum Member

A Little Traveling Music Please Sammy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Any travel stipend in CT?
No. It's a small state with regular season assignments within counties. My county is approximately fifty miles wide, I live on the border with another county, so my longest trip from home is about fifty miles. I work in the center of of the county, so games that I travel to from work are about 25 miles or less. My guess is that nobody in Connecticut travels more than 60 miles one way to a regular season game, and that would be an extreme.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Jan 25, 2010, 09:53am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycat1 View Post
Here in Tennessee, Varsity games are assigned by an association's assignor. Varsity games are all 3 person crew and we usually ref GV and BV same night back to back. For both games each officials get a total of $80 and NO TRAVEL $$.
Many nights I'll travel over an hour to get to my games. I leave work about 4:30 to be available for GV 6:30 tip-off. Then we have a BV starting at 8:00. By the time game is over and travel back home it is about 11:00.

So for $80 (no mileage fee) I spend about 6 1/2 hours of my time and effort and always getting yelled at by coaches and fans for about $12.30 an hour. WOW. I must do it for the love of the game??????? Or am I just crazy????
When I did the GV/BV DHers in Tennessee back in 1995-1997 we got $60 and worked both games 2-person.

I'm spoiled. I like working my one game now. Start at 7:30PM and hopefully in the car showered and changed by 9PM.
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

We get $65 varsity 3 man. No travel

$45 JV 2 man. West Virginia and some of Maryland

About 90% of our assingments are 1 game.

Once in a while you will get 2 games and sometimes you have to travel between games.

I did 2 games last week, I had a 4:15 and a 7:30 and the schools were 20 miles apart.

Last edited by Terrapins Fan; Wed Jan 27, 2010 at 08:07am.
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 10:57am
Official Forum Member

NY Depending on the county rates vary and are contracted by the local boards and the districts. Just North of NYC V $94, 2 person, JV $76, 7 and 8 grade $71 for 5 seven minute quarters.
Assignors for rec leagues negotiate prices: CYO games $40, 12 minute halves, mens rec leagues 45 to 55 a game. Other kids rec leagues 35 to 40 a game depending on age of kids.

All solo games (school or rec) get a fee and a half. no milage