The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   T for both teams to start game (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/56301-t-both-teams-start-game.html)

tjones1 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:31am

#1.

4-19-8b
Double fouls:
A double technical foul is a situation in which two opponents commit technical fouls against each other at approximately the same time.

I certainly wouldn't consider the 16 and 9 minute mark "at approximately the same time."

In #2, the definition doesn't say the act has to be the same, it says "at approximately the same time."

Therefore, you've got to go with #1 and in the order they occurred.

observer Thu Jan 07, 2010 03:43pm

And both coaches remained on the bench
for the entire game!

Lotto Thu Jan 07, 2010 04:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 649104)
Not on the Men's side. Any dead ball contact T is not POI. You enforce that just like a high school T with the ball at the division line after the FTs.

In NCAAM, additionally, single non-contact flagrant technical fouls resume at the division line.

In NCAAW, only single flagrant technicals resume at the division line. A dead ball non-flagrant contact technical resumes play at POI.

Texas Aggie Thu Jan 07, 2010 05:37pm

While the rule says "at least 15 minutes" and your jurisdiction begins when you go on to the court, I think you are asking for trouble if you go out there before the 15 minute mark.

Why are they wanting you out at 20?

Rich Thu Jan 07, 2010 07:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie (Post 649263)
While the rule says "at least 15 minutes" and your jurisdiction begins when you go on to the court, I think you are asking for trouble if you go out there before the 15 minute mark.

It's a state adaptation in WI that supersedes the NFHS rule. Period.

We are required to be there at 20:00 and that's the starting time on the clock.

chartrusepengui Fri Jan 08, 2010 08:28am

yup

grunewar Fri Jan 08, 2010 08:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie (Post 649263)

I often find 15 minutes to be a long time. 20 would be even less fun...... :(

Rich Fri Jan 08, 2010 08:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 649374)

It's no fun, trust me. If there's no band, it's even worse. :D

chartrusepengui Fri Jan 08, 2010 09:03am

not the band I had the other night. WOW! Most horrible band I have EVER heard. Just when you thought it was over - they played what we think was supposed to be the national antherm. :eek:

just another ref Fri Jan 08, 2010 09:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chartrusepengui (Post 649380)
not the band I had the other night. WOW! Most horrible band I have EVER heard. Just when you thought it was over - they played what we think was supposed to be the national antherm. :eek:

Turned up the heat on this one, did they?:D

chartrusepengui Fri Jan 08, 2010 09:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 649381)
Turned up the heat on this one, did they?:D

I still can't seem to think straight - it was like kryptonite

Rich Fri Jan 08, 2010 09:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chartrusepengui (Post 649380)

I was working a big game the end of last season and the band was on the stage behind me while I was observing one of the teams. The director and I acknowledged each other and then he asked if I had any requests.

Then they played "Eye of the Tiger" for me. Fortunately I was able to enjoy the whole thing before the captains meeting.

Rich Fri Jan 08, 2010 09:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 649374)

It's especially fun when both teams go in.

Actually, in those situations, we'll return our jackets to the locker room or adjourn to a side hall for some additional stretching and come back to the floor when one of the teams returns.

chartrusepengui Fri Jan 08, 2010 09:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 649388)
I was working a big game the end of last season and the band was on the stage behind me while I was observing one of the teams. The director and I acknowledged each other and then he asked if I had any requests.

At my game my request would have been to please, PLEASE, FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!!

sseltser Fri Jan 08, 2010 02:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotto (Post 649242)
In NCAAW, only single flagrant technicals resume at the division line. A dead ball non-flagrant contact technical resumes play at POI.

I believe there is also something about losing the ball in NCAAW (but not NCAAM) for requesting an excessive timeout. Can you confirm? Where is the ensuing throw-in?