The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 06, 2002, 04:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to moose69
what's everyone think of the spiffy new converse patent-leathers? I believe their just a run'n ref....or whistle....not sure.. but these things have this super-glossy leather that looks just like a mirror.

Who's got them? what are they like comfort wise??are they easy to keep looking good.

Tyler

FWIW i've got a pair of nike shoes now and i love'em...shine up real nice...very comfortable...but they've not been relegated to my baseball shoe as i need a new pair of kicks.
Old Tue Aug 06, 2002, 05:39pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs up Great shoes.

If you loved the "Run n' Refs" or the "All-Stars" you should love these shoes. And they do keep a great shine all the time. I have bearly touched them, and the only part that I have touched are the inside where most shoes get scuffed a bit. You can get some polish or protectant to clean them. But you will hardly ever have to use it. I love them. I will be getting another pair this year.

No one can tell that they are patented leather either. I wish I had a dollar for every time I was asked, "What did you shine your shoes with?"

Peace
Old Tue Aug 06, 2002, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Have had my pair for over 2 years....still look like new! I've probably referred over 20 officials during that time. Best officiating investment I've ever made. Threw ALL of my polish products in the trash!

Fortunately, I don't have feet problems, so I can't say that they would be comfortable for everyone.

The only downside: being patent leather, they don't breathe at all, so make sure you spray or air out, or even better, invest in some cedar wood trees to wick away moisture.

The inside will break down before the outside does.

Rut: I don't tell people (non-refs) they're patent...show shine and elbow grease, bay-bee!
Old Tue Aug 06, 2002, 06:25pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Patent Leather shoes do no breath well, Soggy feet! Trench Foot!!!!!

Yes the look good, but when you scuff them....it is hard to get the scuffs out.... I speak from experience.

But then again I am in the military and I can put a spit shine on any shoe!!!!!!

AK ref SE