The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Unfathomably Great Slogan!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/5574-unfathomably-great-slogan.html)

Doug Tue Aug 06, 2002 01:30pm

Hey guys and gals!!

Once again, I am calling on higher powers to assist me in my officiating, the higher powers being this forum, of course!! I was recently presented with the position of co-directing/coordinating an officials camp, which will take place in different parts of wisconsin about 4 times a year. Right now, i am in the process of designing a web-site, brochures, and certificates for the camp. But, i also need a name for it. A good number of you here are very creative and tactful thinkers, so I am asking you for your advice on a camp name. Any input at all would be very much appreciated. You can post or e-mail me at [email protected]

I'm searching for input from people like mark p, crew, rainmaker, and other great thinkers, who could help me out. thanks a lot

A Pennsylvania Coach Tue Aug 06, 2002 02:22pm

names

I can't think of anything for you, but I thought I'd help out by doing a Google search and finding some names that are already taken so you don't infringe anybody's copyright. So let me present my List of Names Not To Use:

Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Overbrook School for the Blind

Hadley School For The Blind

Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind

Perkins School for the Blind

Washington State School for the Blind

Maryland School for the Blind

Indiana School for the Blind

Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind

Foot Locker

mick Tue Aug 06, 2002 02:42pm

Striped Badgers
Badger Stripes

theboys Tue Aug 06, 2002 02:44pm

LOL Pennsylvania!

I used to announce youth league football games. Before every game I'd call out the rosters of both teams. One day, I added, "And the referees for today's game are Ronnie Milsap, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles." Luckily, we had the refs on a regular basis, so they had a good laugh. Then they threw me out of the booth.

BktBallRef Tue Aug 06, 2002 02:54pm

Sounds like you forgot to introduce the coaches for today's game, Forrest Gump and Gomer Pyle!!

GOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYY! :D

Mark Padgett Tue Aug 06, 2002 03:57pm

I would call it "Camp Officiating Wisconsin", or "COW" for short.

If you don't like that, try "Cheesehead Officials Camp."

If these are too clever for you, you could always call it just "The Officiating Camp for Basketball Officials to learn to better their basketball officiating skills located in Wisconsin and held four times a year" or "TOCFBOTLTBTBOSLIWAHFTAY" for short.

Glad to help. Ask anytime.

pizanno Tue Aug 06, 2002 05:27pm

I think I have a winner...

CHOICE (Cheese Head Officials Instruction & Continuing Education) Camp

All I ask is 5% of the gross revenue and merchandising points!

...but I also like:

The "Don't Suck...Blow!" Camp

Doug Tue Aug 06, 2002 06:03pm

hmmm... i still need a sence of professionalism though. some of these are pretty good, cheesehead is cool. keep them coming. hopefully out of all the replies i hope to get, there will be a few really good ones in there. thanks,

Doug

Mark Dexter Tue Aug 06, 2002 08:04pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Doug
hmmm... i still need a sence of professionalism though. some of these are pretty good, cheesehead is cool. keep them coming. hopefully out of all the replies i hope to get, there will be a few really good ones in there. thanks,

Doug

You came here to ask for professionalism? :D (Excuse me while I try not to laugh!)

Here's my clever contribution - feel free to use it, but I'm not liable if it breaks any "truth in advertising" laws:

(Kind of a name and slogan all rolled into one)

Whistle Instruction for Stripes Camp - Our NCAA 'Senses' Instruct Newbies.

Or, WISCONSIN, for short. :)

(If I come up with any real names, I'll let you know!)

Doug Tue Aug 06, 2002 08:27pm

ya, i guess i left myself open for that one. Not bad mark, I think i might use that is some way, shape, or form. keep em' coming!!

rainmaker Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:47am

Is it also a team camp or a tournament, as most ref camps are? Call it something generic such as Hoop Heaven, or Net Nights, or something like that.

Taking a cue from FSN, The Best D** Ref Camp Period

Camp Call It Both Ways (this could include an element of instruction for the coaches!)

Three Seconds of Fame Camp

Parents Cheerfully Tossed

WWA (Wisconsin Whistles Anonymous)

If none of these ring your bell, I vote for "Don't Suck...Blow"

mick Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:00am

Blow a call.

Dan_ref Wed Aug 07, 2002 05:52pm

Re: names

Quote:

Originally posted by A Pennsylvania Coach
I can't think of anything for you, but I thought I'd help out by doing a Google search and finding some names that are already taken so you don't infringe anybody's copyright. So let me present my List of Names Not To Use:

Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Overbrook School for the Blind

Hadley School For The Blind

Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind

Perkins School for the Blind

Washington State School for the Blind

Maryland School for the Blind

Indiana School for the Blind

Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind

Foot Locker

Very funny! BTW, how far are you from Honesdale PA? It
looks like 3 of us will be there soon.