The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 23, 2009, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

OT- your closet

OK, boring Friday night here. Getting ready for the season and going thru stuff. How many shirts do you have in your closet? I counted 9. Two I would never wear anymore. One is a XXL someone gave me and the other is the first shirt I bought before I knew what was really going on. A polyester McDavid from Champs, thought it looked really nice. Still is nice, nice and HOT. The rest are split between HS and College shirts, flag no flag, patch no patch, etc Really partial to the Honigs B12 shirt. Wish they had a HS version of that material.

4 pants, two honigs and two sansabelts. 3 jackets, one CCA, one HS without assoc logo and one with. 4 pairs of shoes. One pair has a blowout that I need to get rid of. Numerous sets of UA, but dual use those for ref'n and working out/running.
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 08:11am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Perfect balance?

Three shirts, three pants, three pairs of ref sneakers, and one association jacket.

Our state clinic is this Tues, and I usually pick up my annual supply there or on-line shortly thereafter, if they don't have my sizes......
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 10:43am
Esteemed Forum Member

Come Out Of The Closet ...

I only work for one high school association, and one Catholic middle school association, that both require the same uniform, so I don't have a large inventory of uniforms: Two pants, three shirts, two jackets, one association sweater, and two pairs of shoes. I have twenty two whistles; Fox 40's, Mini Fox 40's, Shield Trumpeters, Acme Thunderers, Seron P-38's (last three brands have peas), and a few blue, and pink, Fox 40's (“Coaches vs. Cancer”).

And, or course, there are also a lot of skeletons in my closet.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Oct 24, 2009 at 11:18am.
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
OK, boring Friday night here. Getting ready for the season and going thru stuff. How many shirts do you have in your closet? I counted 9. Two I would never wear anymore. One is a XXL someone gave me and the other is the first shirt I bought before I knew what was really going on. A polyester McDavid from Champs, thought it looked really nice. Still is nice, nice and HOT. The rest are split between HS and College shirts, flag no flag, patch no patch, etc Really partial to the Honigs B12 shirt. Wish they had a HS version of that material.

4 pants, two honigs and two sansabelts. 3 jackets, one CCA, one HS without assoc logo and one with. 4 pairs of shoes. One pair has a blowout that I need to get rid of. Numerous sets of UA, but dual use those for ref'n and working out/running.
Wow, I feel like a tightwad now. I don't put any patches on my shirts; they have them in Iowa but I have never worn them and nobody has ever complained. I used to work in Illinois too and never put an Illinois patch on my shirts. That way, I can wear any shirt anytime. I realize that may not fly in other parts of the country.

I have three shirts, two pairs of beltless pants, one jacket and one pair of shoes. I bought two new fox 40 mini's this year but probably still have five or six old ones lying around. The thing I like about basketball is we all wear the same thing. Baseball is more difficult because some guys carry four or five different color shirts, then you have plate and base pants, different styles of jackets, base and plate shoes. The investment in basketball gear for officials is pretty reasonable. My first year long ago, I probably didn't even spend $100 to get started. I bought one shirt, a pair of black NB shoes, two black t shirts and a pair of cheap black polyester pants at K-Mart. I spent more than that on my chest protector for baseball.
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 11:42am
Do not give a damn!!

I counted 22 shirts. About 4 are the grey shirts for JUCO that we hardly wear anymore.

I had 9 pair of pants that I can still wear (2 flat front Sansabelt pants I cannot wear).

I probably have about 10 Under Armor compression type shirts.

I have five pre-game jackets. I have two CCA (one old one) and 3 high school jackets with IHSA logos on them.

I have 8 pairs of shoes I can still wear or I rotate.

I am sure these numbers are off a little because I do have some stuff in other places.

Keep in mind I buy new stuff every year.

Peace
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 12:20pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Winner And Still Champion ???

As of November 16, 2008, tjones1 had more whistles than any other Official Forum member, owning twenty-seven whistles. Is he still the "Official Forum Whistle Champion"?

I need some game talk!!!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 12:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

TJ does football, this does not count.

Peace
Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 12:38pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Or Some Other Nobel Prize Winner ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
TJ does football, this does not count.
Do we need to get Jimmy Carter in here to supervise this contest?

Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 02:59pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Couldn't Resist ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
22 shirts, 10 compression shirts, 9 pairs of pants, 8 pairs of shoes, 5 pregame jackets, 4 grey shirts, 3 high school jackets, 2 flat front pants...
...and a partridge in a pear tree.

Old Sat Oct 24, 2009, 08:57pm
Archaic Power Monger

2 Ultimate shirts from http://www.ump-attire.com (Similar material to the Honig's Ultimate but in a high school style)

2 Pairs of pleated, beltless Smitty slacks that need to be hemmed

1 pair of New Balance cross trainers

4 Fox40s (2 CMG and 2 regular)

1 Honig's pre-game jacket that needs to have a UIL patch added

Ah the joys of starting a new sport. Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the pre-game jackets?
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 12:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Ah the joys of starting a new sport. Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the pre-game jackets?
For some reason you have to stand on the court for a long time before the game starts and watch the teams warm up. Got to wear a jacket to stay warm.
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 03:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
2 Ultimate shirts from Umpire & Referee Equipment & Uniforms (Similar material to the Honig's Ultimate but in a high school style)

2 Pairs of pleated, beltless Smitty slacks that need to be hemmed

1 pair of New Balance cross trainers

4 Fox40s (2 CMG and 2 regular)

1 Honig's pre-game jacket that needs to have a UIL patch added

I've been doing this for many years, and I can't give you a good reason for wearing those jackets.
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 07:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMike View Post
I've been doing this for many years, and I can't give you a good reason for wearing those jackets.
They're so nobody knows you're an official.
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Four shirts, all with IHSA patches, two with flag on other sleeve.
Four pants, 4 pair of shoes, which are in constant rotation. two IHSA jackets, which being replaced this year. Don't like the satin look( for sale cheap!) size large.

Leather carrying bag, two rolling cases, whistles of all shape and sizes, lanyards, smittys.

It amazes me how many guys don't care what they look like. I have a ref friend who I do kids games with, has had the same ripped pocket pants for as long as I've known him and shoes you could find at salvation army. He's not a varsity ref, yet I know he's behind the eightball before tipoff with coaches based on his appearance.
Old Sun Oct 25, 2009, 08:52pm
Official Forum Member

7 shirts (4 patched – 3 not)
2 under armor shirts
2 pleated beltless Cliff Keens pants
1 Sansabelt pants
1 jacket
4 whistles
2 under armor shirts
1 pair of New Balance shoes (Getting another pair soon)