The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 09:42am
I got a Basketball Jones!

NBA refs back to work??

Heard from a friend whom I trust that the NBA ref union will accept a slightly modified proposal from the NBA and will be back to work next week.

Anyone have other sources that concur??
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

*** WARNING: Completely off-topic post ***

Coach, just curious about your tag line. Who are the two best refs in your house?
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post

Coach, just curious about your tag line. Who are the two best refs in your house?
Well, isn't that obvious....His wife and his wife!
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 12:02pm
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:

I have two sons who also officiate basketball. They literally and figuratively run circles around their old man...
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 12:30pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:

One of his sons just joined my HS board. I'm looking forward to seeing him work.

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Oct 09, 2009 at 12:38pm.
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 01:14pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
I have two sons who also officiate basketball. They literally and figuratively run circles around their old man...
Bits/BNR - I have reffed with both his sons and his statement IS true! No offense coach.

Both his boys have a bright future if they choose to keep at it. I'd work with either one anytime......and, their old man too in a pinch!
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

I didn't realize he was from Utah.
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 05:08pm
certified Hot Mom tester

I heard the deciding factor was that Dick Bavetta was running out of Geritol and needed the money.
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 08:17pm
Official Forum Member

Is that the same bottle Jack Nies gave to him. If so, its good for another 2 years since Jack used it for 71 years until his retirement last year. It's a crying shame to have to work till that age before one feels they have the security needed to retire. I guess that full Social Security benefit is really needed for some guys. Even though Jack did not get in the NBA until he was 40, and felt he could not retire after 25 years at 65, it is also a crying shame that they made him wait until the age of 62 to get an NBA final. Just a shame that both Jack and Dick have to work into their 70's to get the security needed for retirement.

Last edited by tballump; Fri Oct 09, 2009 at 08:30pm.
Old Sat Oct 10, 2009, 04:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tballump View Post
Is that the same bottle Jack Nies gave to him. If so, its good for another 2 years since Jack used it for 71 years until his retirement last year. It's a crying shame to have to work till that age before one feels they have the security needed to retire. I guess that full Social Security benefit is really needed for some guys. Even though Jack did not get in the NBA until he was 40, and felt he could not retire after 25 years at 65, it is also a crying shame that they made him wait until the age of 62 to get an NBA final. Just a shame that both Jack and Dick have to work into their 70's to get the security needed for retirement.
Well they could have retired years ago, and then unretired...and then retired again, and then unretired again... and then ... oh, nevermind that's only an option for the players.
Old Sat Oct 10, 2009, 10:59am
Esteemed Forum Member

Shouldn't This Be On The Football Forum ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Well they could have retired years ago, and then unretired, and then retired again, and then unretired again, and then, oh, nevermind that's only an option for the players.
Are you talking about Brett Favre?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Oct 11, 2009, 12:15am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tballump View Post
it is also a crying shame that they made him wait until the age of 62 to get an NBA final. Just a shame that both Jack and Dick have to work into their 70's to get the security needed for retirement.
1. This is one way of thinking I hate and roll my eyes every time I hear it. The amount of time someone works in an organization shouldn't ensure a championship. Do the teams with the oldest players make it to the championship or the best team?

2. Why can't someone work, as long as they are capable, until they decide to give it up? Now, I will say that good old Jack was mailing it in the last couple of years.
Old Sun Oct 11, 2009, 03:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Are you talking about Brett Favre?
Michael Jordan