The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   After the Coach Technical (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/54127-after-coach-technical.html)

rockyroad Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1town (Post 617218)
I'm sure there was more said in the beginning or at the end of what was posted here :rolleyes:

Ya think?? :p

I think so, too...somehow the whole message was pared down to what the friend told the OP'er. Somehow I don't think that was the point the "NBA guy" was trying to get across.

Back In The Saddle Tue Jul 28, 2009 07:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Refner (Post 617267)
Hey - here's an idea. Why not make sure all your whistles are good ones and not "cheap" ones? Naaah - that would never work.

Here's an idea, why not just participate in the conversation without being a sarcastic ***? Hey, that just might work!

bob jenkins Tue Jul 28, 2009 07:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbcof83 (Post 617187)
You think they are that perceptive and deeply analytical in the heat of a game? Doubtful.

If by "perceptive and deeply analytical" you mean "paranoid", then , yes, I think that coaches are that way.

mbyron Tue Jul 28, 2009 07:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 617338)
Here's an idea, why not just participate in the conversation without being a sarcastic ***? Hey, that just might work!

Killjoy. :p

Back In The Saddle Tue Jul 28, 2009 08:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 617356)
Killjoy. :p

Dangit, now I need a new monitor and keyboard. :D

Hugh Refner Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 617338)

I didn't mean that as a dig toward you personally. I meant it to mean that we should all work to eliminate "cheap" calls and concentrate on being consistent and only call fouls and violations that actually occur and have an impact on play. Sorry if it came out wrong. I guess I'll have to work on my writing ability. Don't want to get a reputation here for not being able to contribute seriously from time to time.

ref2coach Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 617317)
Ya think?? :p

I think so, too...somehow the whole message was pared down to what the friend told the OP'er. Somehow I don't think that was the point the "NBA guy" was trying to get across.

Yes there was a lot more before and after, but this was the part I wanted feedback from the forum.

The overall points were aimed at his two partners who the clinician felt were not "taking care of business". All three Ts in the game were for very obvious profanity directed at different times to different members of the crew. C, P, AC. received Ts by the one referee. The clinician did specifically stop the tape on the calls immediately following only the Coach T, and at that time made the statement that was the catalyst for this thread.

tomegun Wed Jul 29, 2009 04:58am

I think the point is to have the courage to continue calling the game following the T. I think many, if not all, of us have been in a situation where a T is issued and plays are called in favor of that team when they really shouldn't be. If you haven't been in a situation like this, learn from those who have.

I thought this thread had something to do with how some officials treat a coach after a T. Specifically, how the calling official's partner(s) treat the coach.