The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 07, 2009, 08:14pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation OT - I'm baaaaaaaack!

Guys - sorry I was away so long but I was in the horse pistol. Just got out yesterday. My real regret is that I missed two great national girls summer tournaments here in the Portland area, at least one of which I feel sure I would have worked.

I saw the thread asking where I was and it's really nice to be missed. Whatever.

As to this "new" guy, Hugh Refner, no - it's not me although I do like his sense of humor. I'll try not to encourage him. I'm sure most of you feel one of me is enough, or even too much.

Anyway, can't wait to get started and make fun of all the misspellings!
Old Tue Jul 07, 2009, 08:22pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Thumbs up Welcome Back!!

Hope you're over whatever ailed you and you recover quickly!!

Some folks here actually missed you......wow!
Old Tue Jul 07, 2009, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Hope you're over whatever ailed you and you recover quickly!!

Some folks here actually missed you......wow!
I struck him in the knee with an ice skate....but it only temporally hampered his ascension to comedic "greatness".

Last edited by Camron Rust; Wed Jul 08, 2009 at 11:40am.
Old Tue Jul 07, 2009, 08:54pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I struck him in the knee with an ice skate....but it only temporally hampered his ascension to comedic "greatness".
Camron - Are you related to Tanya Harding?
Old Tue Jul 07, 2009, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

I thought he fell in the toilet dropping a deuce and his wife FINALLY called the paramedics.
Old Tue Jul 07, 2009, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Guys - sorry I was away so long but I was in the horse pistol. Just got out yesterday. My real regret is that I missed two great national girls summer tournaments here in the Portland area, at least one of which I feel sure I would have worked.

I saw the thread asking where I was and it's really nice to be missed. Whatever.

As to this "new" guy, Hugh Refner, no - it's not me although I do like his sense of humor. I'll try not to encourage him. I'm sure most of you feel one of me is enough, or even too much.

Anyway, can't wait to get started and make fun of all the misspellings!
I do not really know you but welcome bcak... mispelled just for you
Old Tue Jul 07, 2009, 09:58pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMalti View Post

Nobody really knows him.

Lonesome Dove
Old Wed Jul 08, 2009, 12:57am
Do not give a damn!!

I did not know you were gone. Then again I have not been here much lately either.

Peace
Old Wed Jul 08, 2009, 10:51am
certified Hot Mom tester

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMalti View Post
And.....you also misspelled "mispelled"! That's a classic.

Seriously, thanks guys for the welcome. To make a long story short, I was hospitalized for kidney problems. About once every 5 or 6 years (used to be every 2 or 3 years), I get kidney stones. It's from a buildup of certain acids in my system. Since I stopped drinking tea and coffee, I've been a lot better. It seems this acid is prevalent in both of those substances.

The pain of passing the stones is excruciating. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. OK - maybe there's a few coaches.........naa, not even them.
Old Wed Jul 08, 2009, 11:49am
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
I get kidney stones. The pain of passing the stones is excruciating.
Ouch! Did they "make you" drink beer? They did my dad!

Quote:
I wouldn't wish it on anybody. OK - maybe there's a few coaches.........naa, not even them.
I wonder what the coaches would say to you if given the opportunity.........

Seriously though, krign kvaln soon and take care.
Old Thu Jul 09, 2009, 07:05pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back (John Sebastian, 1976))

Quote:
I was hospitalized for kidney problems. About once every 5 or 6 years (used to be every 2 or 3 years), I get kidney stones. It's from a buildup of certain acids in my system. Since I stopped drinking tea and coffee, I've been a lot better. It seems this acid is prevalent in both of those substances. The pain of passing the stones is excruciating.
Been there. Done that. Three times. The last time was when I was visiting my brother-in-law. I had him drive me to the hospital, told him to go through several red lights, and kept yelling "Faster. Faster. Faster." As soon as I entered the emergency room, I told the staff that I wanted morphine as soon as possible. The morphine is great stuff, instant pain relief.

Mine are Calcium Oxalate stones. My first urologist told me to stay off tea, but my new one told me to mainly limit grapefruit juice, cola, and Vitamin C. He actually wants me to drink more coffee, but I can't handle the caffeine. I do like his suggestion to drink more wine. He also gave me a prescription for a few Percocet tablets, that I always have available in case of an attack.

YouTube - Welcome Back Kotter
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Jul 10, 2009, 02:41pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Mine are Calcium Oxalate stones. My first urologist told me to stay off tea, but my new one told me to mainly limit grapefruit juice, cola, and Vitamin C. He actually wants me to drink more coffee, but I can't handle the caffeine. I do like his suggestion to drink more wine. He also gave me a prescription for a few Percocet tablets, that I always have available in case of an attack.
Did this suggestion come with a recommendation of white or red?
Old Fri Jul 10, 2009, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And.....you also misspelled "mispelled"! That's a classic.

Seriously, thanks guys for the welcome. To make a long story short, I was hospitalized for kidney problems. About once every 5 or 6 years (used to be every 2 or 3 years), I get kidney stones. It's from a buildup of certain acids in my system. Since I stopped drinking tea and coffee, I've been a lot better. It seems this acid is prevalent in both of those substances.

The pain of passing the stones is excruciating. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. OK - maybe there's a few coaches.........naa, not even them.
I have had two bouts of kidney stones myself. At the ripe ol' age of 26, it's very disheartening. I now take potassium citrate to prevent a reoccurrence. I'm due for another round of stones in a year so I'll let you know whether it works for me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Been there. Done that. Three times. The last time was when I was visiting my brother-in-law. I had him drive me to the hospital, told him to go through several red lights, and kept yelling "Faster. Faster. Faster." As soon as I entered the emergency room, I told the staff that I wanted morphine as soon as possible. The morphine is great stuff, instant pain relief.

YouTube - Welcome Back Kotter
You're lucky if percocet works to relieve your pain. I had to be bumped up to dilaudid after the last bout. My coworkers realized it was serious when I took a dilaudid, popped it in my mouth, and just crewed it. I guess you're suppose to take it with water and swallow it. What a silly idea!

-Josh
Old Fri Jul 10, 2009, 08:31pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Placebo Effect ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch View Post
Did this suggestion come with a recommendation of white or red?
Actually, red. But I don't like red wine, so I just drink the white wine and pretend it's good for me.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Jul 13, 2009, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Citrates. I recommend asking your doctor for citrates. My little guy takes them for his kidney disease, and they are for the express purpose of preventing calcium oxalate crystals, other calcium crystals (which most kidney stones are) and other "nephrocalcinosis". If you have repeated kidney stone issues, you might also ask about thiazides which can prevent stones and calcinosis, although the side effects can be troublesome.

Interesting. we are in the midst of working on citrate and thiazide dosages adjustments for my kid, just when this topic comes up. Seems ironic.