The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 07, 2009, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Official's Choice shipping costs

So I was looking around on some of the official's supply websites for a couple of new shirts. I went to the Official's Choice to price them and see how much shipping is. They want $10.95 to ship TWO referee shirts. I've shipped a number of things from selling on eBay, albeit not a lot of stuff, but I know that I could mail two referee shirts for $5 or less because they weigh next to nothing.

I don't think that guy is going to "Revolutionize the way officials dress" (Or whatever his tag line is) when he's trying to turn a profit from shipping costs. I like their basketball shirts (I think their baseball shirts look like garbage), but I'll go to Ump-Attire, Between the Lines, or even eBay instead.

Sorry for the soapbox rant.

Last edited by zm1283; Thu May 07, 2009 at 10:25pm.
Old Fri May 08, 2009, 05:57am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
So I was looking around on some of the official's supply websites for a couple of new shirts. I went to the Official's Choice to price them and see how much shipping is. They want $10.95 to ship TWO referee shirts. I've shipped a number of things from selling on eBay, albeit not a lot of stuff, but I know that I could mail two referee shirts for $5 or less because they weigh next to nothing.

I don't think that guy is going to "Revolutionize the way officials dress" (Or whatever his tag line is) when he's trying to turn a profit from shipping costs. I like their basketball shirts (I think their baseball shirts look like garbage), but I'll go to Ump-Attire, Between the Lines, or even eBay instead.

Sorry for the soapbox rant.
That charge would include shipping and handling, correct?

When you ship stuff off for eBay sales, how much are you paying your *help* to find the product, to wrap it, to address it and otherwise handle it? How much is your employee's insurance and taxes for handling it?

Indeed, it is a bit of a sorry rant.
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 07:08am
Official Forum Member

"Handling" is nonsense. If I buy a shirt at a sporting goods store, do they assess a "handing" fee for finding the right size and sticking the stuff in a bag?
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 07:33am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by amusedofficial View Post
"Handling" is nonsense. If I buy a shirt at a sporting goods store, do they assess a "handing" fee for finding the right size and sticking the stuff in a bag?
Of course they charge a handling fee.
But because *Handling costs* are not specified on the receipt, some folks think it's done just for fun.
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

10.95 is high for two shirts. It reminds me of the old car salesman's hidden added on cost. I'd rather have them charge a buck or two more for shirt. It's insulting.

I like their basketball shirts, but will shop elsewhere if that's the s/h charge.