The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 12:45pm
Courageous When Prudent

Irony

You may remember this thread: Richmond cleared to play vs. Z-B :: REGIONAL SPORTS :: YourSeason.

Well this player was in town with an Illinois team for the Nike AAU tournament. In 1st half of an exciting game against a Houston team Jerome Richmond dunked on a big man and then got T'd up for taunting. In the aftermath their fans and coaches were yelling "that's ok, we'll take a 'T' for that".

Well, what do you know!?! In the 2nd half there was a scrum type play under his basket with a lot of banging bodies that resulted in Richmond's teammate scoring an "And-1". Well, as the refs were stepping in Richmond got in the face of the same Houston player from earlier and ended up getting another Technical.

His coaches and fans were aghast. They were screaming and yelling that the refs can't eject the "number 1 player in the country".
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 01:09pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

So, did Tim Floyd get this kid to come to USC?
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 01:37pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
His coaches and fans were aghast. They were screaming and yelling that the refs can't eject the "number 1 player in the country".
Oh, great. Get ready for a new term - "Richmond Rules".
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 02:28pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Oh, great. Get ready for a new term - "Richmond Rules".
What was really funny was when one fan yelled out "that's why you'll still be a high school ref when he's playing in college" to one of the officials". The crew that was working was there participating in a D1 conference staff camp.
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
You may remember this thread: Richmond cleared to play vs. Z-B :: REGIONAL SPORTS :: YourSeason.

Well this player was in town with an Illinois team for the Nike AAU tournament. In 1st half of an exciting game against a Houston team Jerome Richmond dunked on a big man and then got T'd up for taunting. In the aftermath their fans and coaches were yelling "that's ok, we'll take a 'T' for that".

Well, what do you know!?! In the 2nd half there was a scrum type play under his basket with a lot of banging bodies that resulted in Richmond's teammate scoring an "And-1". Well, as the refs were stepping in Richmond got in the face of the same Houston player from earlier and ended up getting another Technical.

Yo Big dawg.....call me.
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 02:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

All I will say is that if he is successful at the next level, it will not be because of his talent. It will be because he changes his attitude.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What was really funny was when one fan yelled out "that's why you'll still be a high school ref when he's playing in college" to one of the officials". The crew that was working was there participating in a D1 conference staff camp.
Haha thats awesome.
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 04:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
All I will say is that if he is successful at the next level, it will not be because of his talent. It will be because he changes his attitude.
And he still has another year in high school, right? Imagine that lucky coach.
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

By the way, did his team go on to lose without him?
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 06:10pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesman View Post
By the way, did his team go on to lose without him?
I was wondering myself if he was suspended for the next game. I did notice that they lost by about 15 points in their next game, which was a single elimination bracket game, so I think maybe he did have to sit out.
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 06:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesman View Post
And he still has another year in high school, right? Imagine that lucky coach.
Yes, but if talent meant everything, he would not have lost in the championship game. You could make a case that he was the most talented player on the court that night and he did not win. That being said, when he gets to college everyone is going to be better and have a much higher work ethic. College is not going to be a cake walk. There are a lot of talented high school players we hear nothing about when they get to college. If his attitude does not change, he will just be another name.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 13, 2009, 06:54pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
College is not going to be a cake walk.
Are you talking academically? Haha. Oh, never mind!
Old Tue Apr 14, 2009, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yes, but if talent meant everything, he would not have lost in the championship game. You could make a case that he was the most talented player on the court that night and he did not win. That being said, when he gets to college everyone is going to be better and have a much higher work ethic. College is not going to be a cake walk. There are a lot of talented high school players we hear nothing about when they get to college. If his attitude does not change, he will just be another name.

Peace
JR: Agreed. Never thought the time would come I'd have to be even more sarcastic than usual. Thought that one was dripping right out of your computer onto your keyboard.

Mr. I'm All-World Now A Senior And Already Have My D-I Scholarship is probably going to be no picnic to try to direct in games (yet alone practices) in 09-10. Just one person's strong hunch.