LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 17, 2009, 05:24pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Two fights at HS state championship game

Mediacenter - KOINLocal6.com
Old Tue Mar 17, 2009, 05:33pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Couldn't believe the cheerleaders heading on up to join the fray.
Old Tue Mar 17, 2009, 06:14pm
Official Forum Member

Unfortunately, once I saw who the school was I wasn't surprised.
Old Tue Mar 17, 2009, 06:42pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckRef View Post
Unfortunately, once I saw who the school was I wasn't surprised.
I'm not sure anything Mark posts could surprise me anymore!
Old Tue Mar 17, 2009, 11:10pm
Official Forum Member

What a waste. Drive all the way to Eugene to get into a fight. That's the most exciting Mac Court has been all season.
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

It's Bush's fault.
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODJ View Post
What a waste. Drive all the way to Eugene to get into a fight. That's the most exciting Mac Court has been all season.
Ha ha! I love that one.
Old Wed Mar 18, 2009, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

Questions,Questions?

First of all in a story like this I do not care whether or not the school won.This video actually brings up some very fundamental questions:

A.If these kids have been banned previously from high school games in the area why were OSAA officials not informed about them during whatever sort of administrative meeting was held prior to the game?

If the OSAA was informed about the banishment of these kids and Jefferson staff had either a picture or description of these kids then gate personnel could be instructed not to let them in! I was a ticket taker for two years in high school and would have no reservations about not letting somebody into a game if my administration told me not to.

B.Where were the Jefferson faculty supervisors/administrators responsible for watching their section?

If these kids got by gate personnel then the faculty/administrative supervisors could have called Campus police or OSAA site management and had the kids removed.

Mark,if you can find out let us know what kind of punishments were doled out by administration!
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 03:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
First of all in a story like this I do not care whether or not the school won.This video actually brings up some very fundamental questions:

A.If these kids have been banned previously from high school games in the area why were OSAA officials not informed about them during whatever sort of administrative meeting was held prior to the game?
The location of the "ban" was Portland. The tourney game was in Eugene....over 100 miles away.

Quote:
If the OSAA was informed about the banishment of these kids and Jefferson staff had either a picture or description of these kids then gate personnel could be instructed not to let them in! I was a ticket taker for two years in high school and would have no reservations about not letting somebody into a game if my administration told me not to.
This was the state championship final....with thousands of attendees coming through any one of many gates (same arena used by the University or Oregon). This was not a local HS game where the ticket takers often know most of the home kids attending and wouldn't have a problem picking out a few specific faces. I wouldn't expect that the ticket takers to be likely to recognize any specific face unless there was something remarkably unique about it.

Quote:

B.Where were the Jefferson faculty supervisors/administrators responsible for watching their section?
This is the only possible point that I consider even remotely feasible. But even the administrators there may not have known the faces of the problem individuals even if they were watching the section.

Quote:
If these kids got by gate personnel then the faculty/administrative supervisors could have called Campus police or OSAA site management and had the kids removed.

Mark,if you can find out let us know what kind of punishments were doled out by administration!
Aside from the police removing them from the game, the administration doesn't have jurisdiction over the non-students. My guess is that most of them were probably from a neighboring school (or past dropouts from the same school) looking to make trouble.

As for the cheerleaders, they should, at a minimum, be removed from the cheer sqaud. But if they're seniors, that is essentially the same as doing nothing since the season is over.