The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Interesting T (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52163-interesting-t.html)

mutantducky Mon Mar 09, 2009 04:12pm

Yeah, there could be something else like taunting. Maybe they had warned him before because just from the video there is no way that should have been called a T. (by that I mean the dunk)

fullor30 Mon Mar 09, 2009 09:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586664)
I could not see the video very well. I do know all three officials that were listed on the game. One of them is a State Final Official. I could not tell what was called just by looking at the video. I am wondering if the T was for something else.

That being said, why would this kid be in the game in the first place? We can debate over the call, but those decisions are final. The state does not come in and change judgment calls that are supported completely by rule. If hanging on the rim is what was ruled, that is what was ruled. He would not have been ejected if he did not get another T earlier in the game. Sounds to me like the coach and fans want to get bailed out. There is already enough of that going around. ;)

Peace

Not so fast..............

Richmond cleared to play vs. Z-B :: REGIONAL SPORTS :: YourSeason

johnnyg08 Mon Mar 09, 2009 09:14pm

if there's any truth to what the dad did, the Illinois association should stick by the officials and rule accordingly...if it was unsportsmanlike, you're sitting out.

fullor30 Mon Mar 09, 2009 09:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyg08 (Post 586802)
if there's any truth to what the dad did, the Illinois association should stick by the officials and rule accordingly...if it was unsportsmanlike, you're sitting out.

It was ruled it wasn't unsportsmanlike, that's the point.:confused:

Nevadaref Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586664)
I could not see the video very well. I do know all three officials that were listed on the game. One of them is a State Final Official. I could not tell what was called just by looking at the video. I am wondering if the T was for something else.

That being said, why would this kid be in the game in the first place? We can debate over the call, but those decisions are final. The state does not come in and change judgment calls that are supported completely by rule. If hanging on the rim is what was ruled, that is what was ruled. He would not have been ejected if he did not get another T earlier in the game. Sounds to me like the coach and fans want to get bailed out. There is already enough of that going around. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586669)
All ejections are final. If the rules are followed and a judgment is made, the decisions are final. No going back and changing those decisions. And as far as I know based on what was said before by the IHSA, they support their officials 100% in these situations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 586800)

So how does that shoe leather taste, Rut? :p Would you like some mustard? :D

I'm not surprised at all that the state overturned that ejection or that what Rut wrote has now been proven to be untrue. :eek:

JRutledge Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:53pm

Moderators please leave this alone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 586833)
So how does that shoe leather taste, Rut? :p Would you like some mustard? :D

I'm not surprised at all that the state overturned that ejection or that what Rut wrote has now been proven to be untrue. :eek:

First of all that is the exact words that the IHSA the likes of the Executive Director has said multiple times. I did not pull that out of thin air or assume that I knew the answer. I actually talk to people in those positions and they know me by name.

Secondly, unlike you, I do not make statements based on only what I think; I make statements based on what I know. Just like you posted what you think a supervisor thinks, but obviously many of the things you cry about say never change. Players are still coming out onto the NCAA games with long sleeves and the official you hate the most is working the most prized assignments by a person you say has no integrity.

I do not see this as me being wrong as opposed to the IHSA went against their own words. And considering I bet not a single person here can think of another situation where the IHSA reversed a decision based on a judgment of the rule, I stand by my words instead with the fact that this is my name and I have more credibility saying what I am saying than using a fake azz name with a state and no one knows who you are. ;)

Peace

JugglingReferee Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586837)
I do not see this as me being wrong

Everyone else does.

zm1283 Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:04pm

Quote:

Secondly, unlike you, I do not make statements based on only what I think; I make statements based on what I know. Just like you posted what you think a supervisor thinks, but obviously many of the things you cry about say never change. Players are still coming out onto the NCAA games with long sleeves and the official you hate the most is working the most prized assignments by a person you say has no integrity.

Just like you knew that those decisions were final, and that there's no going back and changing those decisions?

You thought you knew what they were going to do, but you didn't really know seeing that they did the opposite of what you said.

Nevadaref Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:07pm

Quote:

I do not see this as me being wrong as opposed to the IHSA went against their own words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 586843)
Everyone else does.

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/gra...es/roflmao.gif

Still can't admit it. :rolleyes: So sad. :(

Adam Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:07pm

Rut based his opinion on past IHSA actions (backing the officials.) Blaming him for being wrong on this is just juvenile.

Question: Is it possible the official who made the call expressed to the IHSA that he'd like to have it back?

JRutledge Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:10pm

I am still waiting for the quote? Where did I say the IHSA would not, could not or would never change a official's decision? Just one quote, it should not be hard to do.

Peace

Nevadaref Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 586850)
I am still waiting for the quote? Where did I say the IHSA would not, could not or would never change a official's decision? Just one quote, it should not be hard to do.

I've already provided it in post #20 of this thread. :eek:

Adam Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 586852)
I've already provided it in post #20 of this thread. :eek:

Dude, you're looking for stuff.

Read the sentence (that you quoted) after the red. His qualifier is clear and sufficient here.

Good grief, your inner 19 year old is showing.

turnit Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:20pm

And here I thought that there were no trolls on the basketball forum. Must have escaped from the baseball forum.

Adam Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 586843)
Everyone else does.

Count me out.