The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Ain't fans fun... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/51907-aint-fans-fun.html)

Jmuvol Thu Feb 26, 2009 09:18am

Ain't fans fun...

Here is an article in our local Savannah paper about the actions of two fans over the weekend and their fate. Enjoy.

Calvary Day bans two fans for 6 months | SavannahNow.com

JugglingReferee Thu Feb 26, 2009 09:38am

Look who was involved! WAY TOO easy to come up with a joke! :D

Padgett: stay OFF the court!

bigdogrunnin Thu Feb 26, 2009 09:42am

Private schools are GRRRRREEEEAAAAATTTTT!!! Public schools wouldn't be able to pull the "we're going to take your son/daughter out of school card."

As for Daddy and Little Johnny and Little Jimmy . . . they got their due. Too bad for the kid still in school though. He gets to spend the rest of the year knowing his knuckleheaded dad and brothers cannot come to games because they are too dumb to let the officials and school personnel handle the situation they are being paid to handle.

I really wish parents/family/fans would think about the affects on the kids and the game. It's sad to say the least.

OHBBREF Thu Feb 26, 2009 09:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 583394)

The more important question is what was the indecent conduct that he is being charged with!

grunewar Thu Feb 26, 2009 09:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 583394)

I'm sure he'll blame the meds......;)

jdmara Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHBBREF (Post 583399)
The more important question is what was the indecent conduct that he is being charged with!

you missed a keyword..."disorderly or indecent conduct". It didn't say AND indecent conduct

-Josh

Loudwhistle Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 583403)
I'm sure he'll blame the meds......;)

I didn't know Mark's real name is Buddy!:p

GoodwillRef Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:34am

Just another case of parents living through the lives of their kids (student-athletes). Why do people send their kids to private/chrisitian schools if they are going to act like DOPES?

Scrapper1 Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 583419)
Why do people send their kids to private/chrisitian schools if they are going to act like DOPES?

Quite often, a private school is the last hope for a "problem" kid who is falling behind or acting up in public school. The parents hope that the private school will be able to straighten the kid out.

But if the kid is a troublemaker, guess where he got it from. . .?

Mark Padgett Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:31am

First of all, I certainly do not have any relatives named Vern. And if any of my relatives were nicknamed "Buddy", I'd disown them.

However, I do have a cousin whose nickname is "the kneebreaker".

grunewar Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 583424)
Quite often, a private school is the last hope for a "problem" kid who is falling behind or acting up in public school.

While we don't know if this is the case here, this is an interesting observation and true for the area I live in too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 583424)
The parents hope that the private school will be able to straighten the kid out.

In this area, sometimes parents have no choice as the troubled youth is expelled from the public school.

Ref Ump Welsch Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdogrunnin (Post 583395)
Private schools are GRRRRREEEEAAAAATTTTT!!! Public schools wouldn't be able to pull the "we're going to take your son/daughter out of school card."

I agree with you, but there's a disagreement over that in this article. The school said if the parents didn't agree, the parents could withdraw their child. The father said the school said they would kick the son out if he didn't sign the agreement. Conflicting statements there. But I'll err on the side of the school, that they would have kicked the kid out if dad hadn't signed the ban form. I know I would have if I were the administrator.

OHBBREF Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmara (Post 583406)
you missed a keyword..."disorderly or indecent conduct". It didn't say AND indecent conduct

-Josh

So you are saying the Mr. Padgett is disorderly - I think not!

doubleringer Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:21pm

As a public school teacher, I envy those private schools and their ability to just boot kids. It would be really nice on occasion.

My favorite quote, by the way, was when the dad said he wasn't going to the court, he was going to the visiting team's bench. Yeah, that's much better than going to the court. :D

Ref Ump Welsch Thu Feb 26, 2009 01:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHBBREF (Post 583465)
So you are saying the Mr. Padgett is disorderly - I think not!

Mr. Padgett is both disorderly and indecent...all blameable on his meds (or lack thereof)! :D