The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 17, 2002, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

I just got back from a Tony Stigliano camp in Corpus Christi TX. It was really a good camp. The staff was great and the teams in the tournament were high quality. As a high school official it was a new experience for me to get to work with an assorted group of D1 officials. I left there with a much better understanding of 3 person mechanics as well as a better understanding of game management, court presence, floor communication, and many other little intricacies of working a basketball game. Being able to work with some of the bestt officials in the business gives an official like me a first hand look at what an official should be and also gave me a look at various officiating styles. I left there with a better idea of what my goal should be towards developing my own personal skills. I highly recommend his camps to anyone interested. I will definitely attend another one next year.
Old Thu Jun 20, 2002, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

Nice to hear you had a good time Ralph. I think we worked a game together. Tony's camps are top-notch. I have attended four years straight. If anyone in the southwest is looking for a camp, Tony has one more this summer in Denton, Tx. He can be contacted at his web-site; http://www.gsoa.org
Old Fri Jun 21, 2002, 09:40am
Official Forum Member

We did work a game together Todd. You were one of the D1 officials I was referring to. I enjoyed working with you and hope to see you there again next year.
Old Fri Jun 21, 2002, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rpirtle Send a message via Yahoo to rpirtle
Thumbs up

I also attended one of Tony's camps (Dallas, 5/24-26)). I am also going to Denton on the 12th and 13th of July. I agree with both of you on the quality of Tony's camps...they are top-notch. I have attended camps in TX and in CA. Tony is very good at organizing his staff and facilities...must be due, in part, to his military background. In any event, I would recommend them to any official. Have a great summer!!
Old Fri Jun 21, 2002, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

I went to the College Station camp. I learned a great deal. The camp was very professional and organized. The evaluators were friendly and very helpful. I learned a lot.
If anyone that went to camp this summer want to exchange what they learned, I would do the same so that I could learn from your camp experience and vice versa.
Old Sat Jun 22, 2002, 07:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rpirtle
I also attended one of Tony's camps (Dallas, 5/24-26)). I am also going to Denton on the 12th and 13th of July. I agree with both of you on the quality of Tony's camps...they are top-notch. I have attended camps in TX and in CA. Tony is very good at organizing his staff and facilities...must be due, in part, to his military background. In any event, I would recommend them to any official. Have a great summer!!

I didn't know Tony had a military background. Tell me about it.
Old Sun Jun 23, 2002, 12:06am
Esteemed Participant

Hey Arkansas Ref, better known as Mr. Springer...were you by any chance working a game in Terre Haute, Indiana, this past March?? Like maybe a pretty important game???
Old Mon Jun 24, 2002, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

ROcky Road, I was in Terre Haute. It was the biggest game of my career, and I had a great time. I also met some great officials.
Old Mon Jun 24, 2002, 11:08am
Esteemed Participant

Hey Todd...I thought that was you. I was there also - part of the "Seattle" crew with Kevin and Penny. That was a fun weekend. You and your crew did an excellent job.

DJ