The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 17, 2009, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

I once took a T back and the more I think about, maybe I should of stuck both teammates with one for breaking out in a fist fight.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 01:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStateRef View Post
I have revoked a T. I had a varsity game with "co-coaches" -- a man and a woman. In the first half, both coaches were standing and I told the man that only the head coach could stand and there could be only one head coach. A few minutes later, the woman is standing and I issue a T for the assistant being up.

When I go to report, the man asks me why the T. He tells me that she is the "head coach" today and that he is the assistant. He said that after my "warning," they agreed she would be the head coach. He had not stood since my "warning," so I revoked the T.

When the other team's coach asked what happened, I told him: I issued a T for the assistant standing, but I since learned she was today's head coach, revoked the T and used POI to put the ball back in play. He accepted that.

I have since become much, much more careful when I have games with co-coaches. I make certain that we identify the one coach that will be the head coach for that game -- and make sure the coaches know before the game starts.
Who was at the pre-game meeting with the captains...that's my head coach for the game. No decision on your part
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muxbule View Post
Who was at the pre-game meeting with the captains...that's my head coach for the game. No decision on your part
The man. And that is why I issued the T. But they did not know the distinction and I was not as clear as I needed to be.
Old Tue Feb 24, 2009, 04:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to mcdanrd Send a message via AIM to mcdanrd Send a message via Yahoo to mcdanrd
I had a high school game two weeks ago where my partner gave a T to a coach because he thought the coach said "that's crap" after he called a foul. The coach was able to convince my partner he did not say that, that he was yelling at his player and my partner misunderstood. He revoked the T, but did so before he had reported it. He did come to me to ask me about it. The gym was very loud and I did not here what the coach had said.
Old Tue Feb 24, 2009, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Word.
That's a good story
Old Tue Feb 24, 2009, 05:10pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muxbule View Post
Can't use that everywhere...coaches don't attend pre-game meetings in these parts. We mosey over to the benches around the 2:00 mark. If I don't know who the coach is I will simply ask "Who's in charge?".