The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 05, 2002, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Question

I am attending a camp this weekend that has asked for an officiating resume. I have never had to produce one! I was wondering if any of you who have one could email me a copy so I can see what one should look like.

Please, email me at [email protected] for any help, or, post your resume or format on this thread!

Any & all suggestions/posts are GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
Old Wed Jun 05, 2002, 10:43am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Indy_Ref
I am attending a camp this weekend that has asked for an officiating resume. I have never had to produce one! I was wondering if any of you who have one could email me a copy so I can see what one should look like.

Please, email me at [email protected] for any help, or, post your resume or format on this thread!

Any & all suggestions/posts are GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
Indy_Ref,
Just a brief description of the number of years you have worked, levels you have worked, two-whistle and three-whistle experience and camps attended.
I believe the reason for asking is that when you get to camp you will be broken up into "experience" groups.

Brand new officials working with highly experienced veterans will be very good for the rookies, but not nearly as rewarding for veterans that also are attempting to improve and are paying the same money.

In order to keep all the campers (rookies through vets)feeling the camp is a valuable tool, the similar experience level of each specific group seems to keep everyone interested.
mick
Old Wed Jun 05, 2002, 02:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

If the reason they were asking for a resume was simply to figure out which group in which to put you at camp, then Mick's advice is sufficient.

However, if there are recruiters at camp and they are looking for officials, then I would include any officials associations to which you have belonged. If you are a NASO member, list that, because it means you have insurance coverage.

If you have any letters of recommendation from previous camps or off-season leagues, include those, too.

It is always best to keep your resume (not including testimonials) to a single page.

And...use your spell checker.
Old Wed Jun 05, 2002, 04:01pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
If the reason they were asking for a resume was simply to figure out which group in which to put you at camp, then Mick's advice is sufficient.

However, if there are recruiters at camp and they are looking for officials, then I would include any officials associations to which you have belonged. If you are a NASO member, list that, because it means you have insurance coverage.

If you have any letters of recommendation from previous camps or off-season leagues, include those, too.

It is always best to keep your resume (not including testimonials) to a single page.

Good point,Mark.
I forget that going to camps is important in some areas for gettin' games.
Old Wed Jun 05, 2002, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I have a Spelling Checker.
It came with my PC.
It clearly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.

I’ve run this poem threw it.
I’m sure your pleased two no
Its letter perfect in its weigh,
My Checker tolled me sew.

Once again, I apologize for the corny joke.

I'll go take my meds now.
Old Thu Jun 06, 2002, 12:22am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
The rule is that you have to bring enough to share with the rest of the class.
Old Thu Jun 06, 2002, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
When I worked out of Colorado Springs, we had great success in making officiating resumes and putting pictures with them to create a booklet for the coaches to see what they were getting. The resume should include How to get ahold of you(Name,address and phone Nos.), your local chapter or association, number of years officiating or Officiating since 19xx. Other sports officiating, Camps attended. Any college conferences you call for if applicable. Any post season experience and any signifcant summer tournaments(ie AAU, BCI) or summer leagues worked. Basicially a resume is a breif and concise brag on yourself. You want to get someone's attention with either, I have and can call your level or I am ready to call at your level.
Old Thu Jun 06, 2002, 01:08pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
The rule is that you have to bring enough to share with the rest of the class.

I don't have any class, but I'll take the meds!!!