The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 08, 2009, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to shishstripes
Rip

I learned that a good friend and mentor passed recently in the Northwest. Ken Waite was a football and basketball official for many years in State of Washington, having worked JUCO and HS bball for many years. He had most recently become the AD at Gray's Harbor Community College in Aberdeen, WA. He taught HS Math at Aberdeen High School for many years as well as coaching the baseball team there.

Kenny will be severely missed by the many people he taught, coached, and officiated with.
Old Thu Jan 08, 2009, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishstripes View Post
I learned that a good friend and mentor passed recently in the Northwest. Ken Waite was a football and basketball official for many years in State of Washington, having worked JUCO and HS bball for many years. He had most recently become the AD at Gray's Harbor Community College in Aberdeen, WA. He taught HS Math at Aberdeen High School for many years as well as coaching the baseball team there.

Kenny will be severely missed by the many people he taught, coached, and officiated with.
Kenny was one of those rare individuals who gave more back to the game than it gave to him. I attended his Can-Am camp in Spokane many years ago and got to know him better while observing together at some other camps. He also came to one of our association meetings a few years ago and gave our entire group a 2-hour mini-clinic. He always had a smile on his face and was willing to help anyone at anytime.
Old Thu Jan 08, 2009, 03:39pm
Esteemed Participant

Ken was a fantastic individual and a close personal friend of mine. His three year battle with cancer ended on Tuesday morning - with his entire family by his side. He will be missed, but there are a tremendous number of good memories to dwell on...he was just an all-around great guy.