The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   No Good Deed Goes Unpunnished! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/50501-no-good-deed-goes-unpunnished.html)

Adam Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 560845)
I called a five second closely guarded dribbling violation tonight. I ended up standing in front of the offended coach. He said to me, and I swear this is true, "How can you call that, the defender was at least five feet away".

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonInKansas (Post 560850)
*facepalm*

"Yep coach, he sure was." Then enjoy the look on the coach's now more baffled face.

Me: "Yeah, I'd say he was between 5 and 6 feet, but I'd need the game tape and a mathematician to be more precise than that."

OHBBREF Tue Dec 23, 2008 08:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOracle (Post 560851)
That's even funnier. To remember all of that in such great detail the first 37 seconds of a game is something I cannot even fathom happening, let alone transcribing it later. Wow. Just, "Wow."

I went back and looked at the film of the game several times on Sunday to see if there was anything that could have been done to avoid the situation
so it is imprinted vividly upon my brain. especially since I (being the R) had to fill out the paperwork for the T and send it in on Monday, So I just cut and past it into the post.

JugglingReferee Tue Dec 23, 2008 08:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1town (Post 560774)
You know that's 8 minutes & 37 seconds right? Judging from the knowledgeable posts you contribute to the forum, I'm thinking you aren't putting up with this for a quarter & some change. But correct me if I'm wrong :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHBBREF (Post 560779)
Actually my time is off - JR has it right it was 37 seconds into the game that he got tapped. Where you in the stands?

Wow.... that was weird.

Indianaref Tue Dec 23, 2008 08:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 560845)
I called a five second closely guarded dribbling violation tonight. I ended up standing in front of the offended coach. He said to me, and I swear this is true, "How can you call that, the defender was at least five feet away".

No coach, he was more like 5'11" away!

SmokeEater Tue Dec 23, 2008 09:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHBBREF (Post 560937)
I went back and looked at the film of the game several times on Sunday to see if there was anything that could have been done to avoid the situation
so it is imprinted vividly upon my brain. especially since I (being the R) had to fill out the paperwork for the T and send it in on Monday, So I just cut and past it into the post.

Deep Breath........ Now let it go all will be well.

Rich Tue Dec 23, 2008 09:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHBBREF (Post 560937)

So, where have you posted this for our enjoy^H^H^H^H^education?