The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   ok i got 5 questions and im done (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/50420-ok-i-got-5-questions-im-done.html)

lakers8 Thu Dec 18, 2008 04:55pm

ok i got 5 questions and im done

1. the head coach or any assistant coach may orally or visually request and be granted a timeout. t or f?

2. A team need only be in team control to request and be granted a time-out. t or f?

3.once the ball has been released by the thrower, opponents may break the throw in boundary plane. t or f?

4. the thrower may reach the ball through the throw-in boundary plane prior to releasing it on a throw in pass. t or f?

5. Wristbands may be a maximum of 4 inches and may be worn anywhere on the arm. t or f?

ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

tjones1 Thu Dec 18, 2008 04:59pm

What are you answers/guesses and why?

If ya miss any, we'll point you in the right direction.

refnrev Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:00pm

Post what you think the answers are and you'll get a lot of help. Ask for answers only and you probably catch a lot of flack on this forum. Tjones1, beat me to the point!

Juulie Downs Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers8 (Post 559496)
1. the head coach or any assistant coach may orally or visually request and be granted a timeout. t or f

Rule 10-5

Quote:

2. A team need only be in team control to request and be granted a time-out. t or f?

Rule 5-8

Quote:

3.once the ball has been released by the thrower, opponents may break the throw in boundary plane. t or f?
4. the thrower may reach the ball through the throw-in boundary plane prior to releasing it on a throw in pass. t or f?

Rule 7-6

Quote:

5. Wristbands may be a maximum of 4 inches and may be worn anywhere on the arm. t or f?

Rule 3-5.

lakers8 Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:08pm

What i think are the answers

1.F
2.T
3.T.
4.T
5.T

i guessed that an asst. coach cant call a timeout. this is because ive never seen it, although thats poor reasoning. also, i think a team does need to be in possession to call a timeout, but there are grey areas in dead ball situations like after field goals. im assuming also that the ball can go over the plane in a throw in, as long as the feet are down. thanks

icallfouls Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:08pm

I was going to answer his answers T/F :cool:

ie
1) F = T

Juulie Downs Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers8 (Post 559508)

i guessed

also, i think

im assuming

Quit guessing, thinking, and assuming. GO look them up, and then you'll KNOW!!

lakers8 Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:13pm

i dont have the book juulie

so if you dont want to help me out fine but i dont need a lecture. thanks

lakers8 Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:14pm

thanks for the rules

juulie- thanks for giving me the rules, i didnt see that first post

JRutledge Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:21pm

But you are cheating right? :D

Peace

Juulie Downs Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers8 (Post 559514)

You don't have the book?!?! Are you taking the test so you can referee? and you don't have the books?? Now I WILL give you a lecture. GO GET THE BOOKS!!!

Scratch85 Thu Dec 18, 2008 05:39pm

Quote:

ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Lakers8, welcome to the forum. As you can see the PartII test leaves some a little testy. Don't let it get you down. Several posters get criticized for looking for answers to the test here.

Ask advice and opinions and you will get a lot of assistance here. It has been a great learning spot for me.

Oz Referee Thu Dec 18, 2008 08:25pm

Quote:

1. the head coach or any assistant coach may orally or visually request and be granted a timeout. t or f?

Just to throw in my metric 2cents here are the FIBA answers, I have included quotes from the rules where the ruling differs to NFHS etc.

1. False
18.3.1 Only a coach or assistant coach has the right to request a time-out. He shall establish visual contact with the scorer or he shall go to the scorer’s table and ask clearly for a time-out, making the proper conventional sign with his hands.

2. False - a timeout can only be granted when the ball is dead.
18.2.3 A time-out opportunity begins when:
• The ball becomes dead, the game clock is stopped and the official has ended his communication with the scorer's table.
• The ball becomes dead following a last or only successful free throw.
• For the non-scoring team, a field goal is scored.

3. True

4. True

5. False - wristbands are not specifically mentioned in the rules, except for:
4.4.2 Players shall not wear equipment (objects) that may cause injury to other players.

Just in case you were wondering......:D

Back In The Saddle Fri Dec 19, 2008 03:33am

Good heavens, you give one of them metric referees 2.54 centimeters, and he'll take 1.609344 kilometers. :p

IREFU2 Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers8 (Post 559514)

One of the best way to learn the rules is to "try" and find them in the book. Then, look for the case play as well. This will help you remember the rules. If we give you all the answers, then that will hurt you in the long run!!!!