The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 23, 2002, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to BigDave
Yet another reporters uneducated view of officiating.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2002/...k/1386085.html
Old Thu May 23, 2002, 11:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs down Tim Lechler

You must did not hear the comments of Tim Lechler on ESPN. This basically no name player now and analysist for ESPN, was on Sportscenter talked about how the officials did not make the proper calls against Shaq in a breakdown segment. Showed an angle in which Shaq and a offensive foul against Scott Pollard and made a stupid statement about how the officical blew the call. Then the next morning got on the "Mike and Mike" Show that airs in the morning at 5AM Central time and made more stupid statements about how the officiating was terrible against Shaq in game two. He also went on to say, "I do not care what anyone thinks, officials are influenced by home crowds." This statement was in reference to what will be different when the series goes back to LA for Game 3 and 4.

Now I understand that the Foul total was only 1 foul difference in the Lakers favor after Game 1 and 2. Now if there is such an influence by the crowd in admittedly one of the hardest arenas to play, do you think if Mr. Lechler's theory would be more true? Why would the total be only in favor of the visiting team?

This shows that the media, just like the Piazza thing runs off at the mouth about things they know nothing about. Most of them did not play sports in real life or officiate anything, then they go running off at the mouth about both things and do not have the balls to understand either.

BTW, after Mr. Lechler and Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic went on their little rant about the officiating in the NBA, they all say, "this is a job I would not like to do, they could not pay me enough to do it." Those great comments game from Greenberg, and the other idiots followed and agreed. Interesting. If that is the case why would they open their mouths?

I just have to laugh.

Peace
Old Thu May 23, 2002, 11:59pm
Official Forum Member

Here's the duffess writer's email address. Shall we bombard him?

[email protected]
Old Fri May 24, 2002, 12:14am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Let do that!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Here's the duffess writer's email address. Shall we bombard him?

[email protected]
Yes!!

Peace
Old Fri May 24, 2002, 08:32am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Seriously, why email this guy? You think we're going to change his mind about something? He already knows all about officiating. Heck, he's "watched the game long enough to know the tenets of officiating". Not only he has all that great viewing experience, but he also reffed part of an NBA practice. Pretty impressive credentials.

Without the sarcasm, now. . . I just don't see what good it'll do to send him mail. I don't think he's going to write his next column on "How my eyes were opened to the difficulty of officiating."

Chuck

[Edited by ChuckElias on May 24th, 2002 at 09:09 AM]
Old Fri May 24, 2002, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

Maybe he will work for a day at a dairy queen to prove how tough it is to officiate...
Old Fri May 24, 2002, 11:19am
Esteemed Participant

I could e-mail him and tell him that I once wrote a letter to the editor and it got published, and from that experience - combined with years of reading newspaper - I have decided that his writing is terrible and he should be fired...think he would get the point?? Probably not...
Old Fri May 24, 2002, 12:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

Talking It will be fun.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Seriously, why email this guy? You think we're going to change his mind about something? He already knows all about officiating. Heck, he's "watched the game long enough to know the tenets of officiating". Not only he has all that great viewing experience, but he also reffed part of an NBA practice. Pretty impressive credentials.

Without the sarcasm, now. . . I just don't see what good it'll do to send him mail. I don't think he's going to write his next column on "How my eyes were opened to the difficulty of officiating."

Chuck

[Edited by ChuckElias on May 24th, 2002 at 09:09 AM]
He will have hundreds of emails from officials all over the country and he will have to read them. At least it will take him some time to erase them. If nothing else, it will just be an annoyance. No different than a fan complaining about a call I make. They cannot really think I give a damn what they say, do they?

Peace