The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 05, 2008, 10:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

A Moment Of Silence Please ...

I'm sure that we all remember exactly where we were, and exactly what we were doing, exactly two years ago, on Monday, November 6, 2006, at 10:24 p.m, a day that will live in infamy, a day the music died. This was posted on that date by ChuckElias:

"After talking about this with some friends from the board and some other officials, I've decided to stop contributing to the forum. As Mick alluded to in the baseball thread, I was hired by a couple of D1 conferences (although I didn't receive any assignments from one of them). Although it's not very likely, I don't want any of my comments to be misconstrued and then passed on to an assignor. Fear not, I will be back to start the annual baseball thread. And I'll keep reading. But I won't be posting very much anymore. If for some unknown reason somebody wants my input on something, you could still email me through the forum. It's been great, guys and gals. Everybody have a great season".

We all hope that he is resting in peace. We all miss him greatly. This place just ain't been the same without ChuckElias, and Jurassic Referee.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Nov 05, 2008, 11:35pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I agree. I still read Chuck's posts in the AOTBT, but it's too bad that he doesn't post anymore. However, there has been others join in the recent past that have contributed positively, so all is not lost.

As for JR...... who cares?

LOL JK. I hope he comes back someday.
Old Thu Nov 06, 2008, 02:40am
Official Forum Member

He was in a chat room or two during March Madness last year. THat was kinda fun. I expect he'll have some D1 games this year, that you could hunt around on cable TV for, if you could get him to give you his schedule. I really hope he's NOT resting in peace but out there keeping those bigt time coaches in line!